Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 530575 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2010, 11:35:06 am »
today I had strange food
4 eggs
.5 lb lamb with mixed organs and marrow
snack of a red delicious (dark) apple, dulse, shitake mushrooms, RB, in-shell pecans (think this was my last experiment with these for a bit, although w/ fresh fruit was probably not the smartest)
.5 lb lamb with mixed organs and marrow
1 small squash, 1 large avocado from a bodega that I believe is fuerte (or a very big hass) non-organic, dulse, raw kim-chi, some local Chinese bitter lettuce of some persuasion, and parsley with ACV. everything organic including above if not specified.

very earthy, like eating out the earth mother. I can't say i 'like' the taste of mushrooms or squash or kim-chi, but the experience is interesting. I feel like Data from Star Trek having a humanoid experience and jotting down notes. Its so different than meats that is certain. no verdict yet on the squash. I crunched a bunch of seeds as I figured veg folks pay $ for these things.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:07 pm »
I understand that. I eat a good deal of my meat grass fed. I kind of round out the O 3/6 ratio by eating a bit of salmon, so I figure I'll be fine.
If the salmon is farmed, that won't work. Only if it's raw wild salmon, is that OK.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:17 pm »
Yes, wild fish only!

As I write., I'm just chewing a stick of liquorice  Very nice taste.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #553 on: December 23, 2010, 12:01:37 am »
Just ate a quarter of a melon.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #554 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:13 am »
Having a raw goose on the 24th.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:09 am »
Wow, maybe your body needed a lot of somthing that was in the chicken  -\ raw chicken honestly grosses me out though, its the only raw meat that I won't really eat unless I really had to....don't worry you probably won't get any salmonella overload if you don't dwell on it too much, I have a feeling the more we worry the more chance something will make us sick....sometimes...

I didn't get sick. I don't know why I ate it. I wanted it, but it didn't taste good and the fatty parts made me gag a little, but I still wanted it. I wanted to eat the bones too, but that wasn't happening  ;) Chicken in general grosses me out. The running joke my whole life has been "I don't derive pleasure from eating flightless birds." Which is true. The one and only time I've had serious illness from animal food was from some cooked chicken from a chain fast food joint. It was the first animal product I'd eaten in a few years. I got violently ill, I thought it was mainly due to the fact that I had been vegan, but every one of my roommates became ill too.
So now I very rarely eat birds other than quail- taste aversion conditioning is a mighty powerful thing. I may eat some livers tonight. I've been ruminating and craving them for long enough, I suppose it's time to act. I smelled some earlier and I salivated. I'll probably just swallow some whole and be done with it.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:00 am »
.... The running joke my whole life has been "I don't derive pleasure from eating flightless birds." Which is true....

Cough, ostrich, cough....ever tried it? It not like chicken or turkey.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 23, 2010, 08:26:31 am »
Cough, ostrich, cough....ever tried it? It not like chicken or turkey.
What's it taste like?

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 23, 2010, 08:28:07 am »
like a very good red meat!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #559 on: December 23, 2010, 08:47:24 am »
like a very good red meat!

I find ostrich has too bland a taste, no doubt because it's too lean(and farmed on grains).
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:37 am »
earlier I had about 3/4lb scallop. then later I had a few pre-cut pineapple chunks and then some organ mix. hopefully something fatty later

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2010, 10:09:54 am »
I find ostrich has too bland a taste, no doubt because it's too lean(and farmed on grains).

I tried it a long time ago and remember it being very nice...are you sure it wasn't a bad one because people who like red meat usually love from what I hear...also if the ostriches are farmed on grains wouldn't they be more fatty...? From reading about some ostrich farms it seems they are usually both pastured and grain fed, because they can quickly devastate a pasture otherwise. Many farms seasonally pasture them...they are also very unaltered from their wild state.

I read they can live up to 70 years on a farm, amazing...

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 23, 2010, 11:48:06 am »
I've tasted sheep's raw stomach for the 1st time today and it was so yummy! Kinda sweet taste. I also had raw wild caught jumbo shrimps for the 1st time today and they tasted divine!
bugs or country chickens

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #563 on: December 23, 2010, 03:26:09 pm »
I tried it a long time ago and remember it being very nice...are you sure it wasn't a bad one because people who like red meat usually love from what I hear...also if the ostriches are farmed on grains wouldn't they be more fatty...? From reading about some ostrich farms it seems they are usually both pastured and grain fed, because they can quickly devastate a pasture otherwise. Many farms seasonally pasture them...they are also very unaltered from their wild state.

I read they can live up to 70 years on a farm, amazing...
I'll admit I was not sure they were grainfed. However, modern farmers have a huge tendency to feed their animals grains for a number of reasons re profit, so, often if pastured/grassfed is not mentioned, then grainfed is very likely.

Anyway, I have tried ostrich several times as it's a novelty food in the UK, and never liked it.  I only like the taste of truly wild birds like raw wild mallard duck etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 24, 2010, 06:21:09 am »
boneyard. marrow/short ribs. had maybe 15 black grapes from my bodega earlier of which some smelled of mold  -v and some eggs on rising.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 24, 2010, 07:21:22 am »
That marrow looks tasty yello yum, its begging to be scooped out!

Yesterday was a weird eating day for me....

Raw goat (a little fatty) followed by a very ripe persimmon followed by a small bowl of kefir with 2 big spoons of cod oil and 4 drops of vit D (I feel I really need the D now) followed by a dark sour apple and very sour white grapefruit, then I had a small piece of [CENSORED item here] ...today I have zero hunger haven't eaten anything....later I'll prolly eat some sour kraut and kefir then bacon (I don't cook the bacon) before sleep. Getting really focused on sour stuff lately dunno y.

EDIT: nope I ended up getting hungry and ate raw ground beef instead. See planning what to eat and when never works  -\
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:26:08 am by yuli »

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 25, 2010, 03:25:43 am »
Having some amazingly fresh wild caught snapper, what a difference from the farmed fish, it starts bland but develops nutty taste as you eat it.
Before that I had some fresh ground deer but decided that should be dried a little as its kinda too moist.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 25, 2010, 01:35:37 pm »
Last night I had spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and an orange bell pepper. I REALLY enjoyed the spinach..

Before that I finished off the marrow from some bones, and then moved on to having some fat off-cuts from my butcher. I was enjoying this, had a few hundred grams(~500?), and then I started to get a chemical taste from it. Is it possible that this is something natural in the fat?? Or is it, as it tastes, that some cleaning chemicals have bound on to the fat? I've always experienced this same chemical taste at some point from fat-trimmings, never from the fat that comes with any meat though. I've never had a cut of meat with so much fat on it as that though of course.. I've only had fat trimmings from two butchers from the same town though, and it makes sense that all butchers would use the same cleaning stuff anyway. Generally this butcher hasn't seemed to have any problems from chemicals,  but maybe they don't give the same care when handling fat off-cuts? Or maybe fat just binds on to the chemicals more strongly?

I also had like 10 apples, 10 clementines and 2 oranges.

All the shops are shut so I can't get any meat. I have a bit of an ox kidney left though which I'll probably have today
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #568 on: December 25, 2010, 02:04:53 pm »
melons this morning.
1 mango this mid morning.
salad this lunch
and 1 date.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 27, 2010, 11:40:07 am »
6 lambs tongues
3 marrow bones
2 bodega bananas snapped up as the only choice during a blizzard with a dab of honey and X
and a partridge and the bark of a pear tree (to scrape out the parasites in the lambs tongues I guess)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 27, 2010, 02:47:25 pm »
I ate some oysters today...
And found tiny crabs inside of about 5/15 of them!
They were delicious, complemented the oysters well.  ;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 27, 2010, 08:44:09 pm »
Brussel Sprouts;Asparagus; Broccoli; Spinach; Garlic, Bell Peppers; Mushrooms; Cauliflower; Beet Roots; Carrots; Radishes; Frozen Pheasants(ate whilst still frozen); Beef Fat trimmings; moist few week old Ox Kidney.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #572 on: December 27, 2010, 09:34:43 pm »
Raw goose plus some raw pears/apples.  The very fatty goose is undoubtedly partially grainfed and intensively-farmed, given the very low price, but it is far tastier than any of the raw geese/turkeys I've bought in past years for Christmas, so I suspect that it was more pastured than is usual.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 28, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »
I don't think the garlic was a good thing to eat and I doubt I'll have any more. It seemed to cause me some aches/pains.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 28, 2010, 04:21:40 pm »
I don't think the garlic was a good thing to eat and I doubt I'll have any more. It seemed to cause me some aches/pains.
Recently when I ate one clove of garlic I almost vomited.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk