Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529330 times)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2008, 11:09:34 pm »
im gonna eat half a pound of pork chop, 1 lamb liver, and maybe a couple marrow bones (all grassfed). it's my second time eating raw liver, but the first time i didnt really like it. it's weird though, i just got a craving for it the other day. i guess my body needs  something in the liver. also, the lamb liver was only $1!

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:35 am »
Not used to raw, so getting down this salmon outside of a Japanese restaurant isn't easy.

Cut it up, threw on a little teriyaki sauce, and I'm swallowing it in chunks. I also find it easier to eat at room temperature then cold. It works, luckily, since I still have a MASSIVE amount of salmon in there.

I'm rewarding myself with pizza  -X (or, more accurately, inviting digestive and mental distress).
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:05 am »
I'm rewarding myself with pizza  -X (or, more accurately, inviting digestive and mental distress).

nooooooo don't do it :P

livingthelife

« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:58 am »
today I had

2 glasses veg/fruit juice
water
kombucha
oregano tea

grapefruit
pineapple

veal fillet
lamb kidney
kraut

boiled grain cereal w/ molasses
baked yam w/ raw cultured butter

no lasagna
no lattes
no cravings
much happiness

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2008, 07:14:38 am »
Friday night I ate some baaaa-aaaa-aaaaaad stuff and paid the consequences for it over the weekend.

Today so far I've had an apple, three oranges, and two pounds of beef. Not all at once.

I'll probably have some more meat before the night's over.
I'm headed over right now to a restaurant called Sticky Fingers for a friends birthday dinner. Needless to say I won't be eating anything there.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2008, 11:34:28 am »
I'm rewarding myself with pizza

Ha ha ha, this is so funny... but I know it is true...
I think it is a phase we sometimes go through.
Then after eating the junk food you feel terrible... some "reward" it turned out to be.
----

this morning I had watermelon and coconut juice and coconut meat

then I went to market and tasted some raw beef and tasted 2 kinds of small fish.

I got home and tasted the korean kimchi I bought and a small amount of small fish (dilis) in the new fermented cane vinegar I'm trying out.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Carnál

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2008, 05:00:18 pm »
1 cup 365 brand Italian Sparling Mineral Water.

1 tsp. unheated unfiltered Arizona desert combo camel-thorn/tamarisk honey

6 whole (minus shell) raw (live) local oysters
  :P

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2008, 11:26:54 am »
just ate a few scallops... they smelled a little different than usual, so hopefully that doesn't mean they were bad. then i ate a little bit of lamb liver, an apple, a cucumber, and 3 tomatoes. im trying to eat a little less fat for a while. i think i was over-eating fat over the last week. i started getting a weird feeling in my chest and slight trouble breathing but it seemed better today.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:12 pm »
Just had lunch
Korean kimchi and left over dilis (small fish) in vinegar plus raw tuna.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

livingthelife

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2008, 10:33:33 pm »
Yesterday I had

water
oregano tea
kombucha
black tea

banana
pineapple
raspberries
raw honey

macadamias

beef liver
kraut

organic "cheerios" w/ raw goat milk
wheat roll w/ EVOO

I didn't feel so good on the wheat roll at dinner. Starches make my blood sugar spike uncomfortably, though I don't notice it at breakfast (?) I've cut our starch servings in half & doubled the accompanying fat, but I think I'll sub RAF / veg / fruit for dinner instead.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2008, 05:11:11 am »

Offline bluesandteals

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2008, 05:50:26 am »
Raw organic chicken breast, chopped piece of kale, some expensive olive oil sold in the raw section (it's the only kind that doesn't make me mucousy), some organic mustard, some organic raw ginger.

livingthelife

« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2008, 07:45:02 am »
Today I had

lots of water
1 kombucha
1 raw goat milk
1 veg/fruit juice

1 sm wheat roll w/ raw cultured butter

lots of asst veg & fruit

2 oz raw cheese
8 oysters

Those oysters didn't taste like anything at all. I've only ever had 1 oyster at a raw bar earlier this year, and it had a mild salty taste. These were entirely flavorless. I got them at the grocery store, they are from the Chesapeake Bay, supposedly fresh & never frozen. I dressed them with some minced lemon and tarragon but ended up adding a pinch of sea salt.

livingthelife

« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2008, 07:45:28 am »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:37 pm »
I discover and try for the first time raw ocean shrimp and raw ocean clams.

Saturday market day and today was a time for discovery.  With my trusty cook we went to Farmer’s Market in Cubao and bought many new things for me to taste.  This time I had clams in mind… the halaan variety.  Then we chanced upon ocean caught shrimps.

The nice lady vendor said that her clams were already dipped in salty water so they are now clean.  They have expunged their sand.  They are ready to eat.  I asked where they came from, she said this batch came from the ocean waters at Bataan province.  The other kind of clams came from ocean waters of Bicol.  That’s comforting to hear because I don’t trust Cavite waters.

I asked for a taste of the clams.  I thought she was going to get a knife to open one up.  Instead she just took one clam and smashed its shell in a corner of her stall.  I was surprised it was that easy.  And she gave me the smashed shell to eat.  It was pretty obvious that my cook and this lady vendor are used to eating raw clams.  And to my surprise these clams were tasty and slightly sweet.  For those who still cook, there is absolutely no need to cook these babies.  Now I realize those theories about humans may have evolved and thrived near the sea.  With abundant small fish and shellfish, you have an easy and delicious life.  Picking up a clam and smashing it on a stone is so easy a 4 year old child can do it.

Among the many other things we bought I chanced upon ocean caught shrimps. Maybe 6 inches long curved. If you remove the head it is just 4 inches long.  At home I first had a bowl with some natural coconut vinegar to dip the shrimps in.  I tasted the shrimps first and it tasted heavenly plain.  I returned the vinegar to its bottle.  I greedily ate all the shrimps without dipping them in vinegar.

After the shrimps I ate my freshly killed organic yellow never frozen raw bone marrow and raw sirloin.  Then I had dipped in vinegar some tiny ocean shrimp called alamang.  And to cap off lunch I chomped on some sea weed, lato variety, some small and some bigger bubbles.

We put the clams in water.  They are still alive.  Waiting to be eaten at dinner time.

from: http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/11/29/i-discover-and-try-for-the-first-time-raw-ocean-shrimp-and-raw-ocean-clams/

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2008, 03:21:39 pm »
I discover and try for the first time raw ocean shrimp and raw ocean clams.

Saturday market day and today was a time for discovery.  With my trusty cook we went to Farmer’s Market in Cubao and bought many new things for me to taste.  This time I had clams in mind… the halaan variety.  Then we chanced upon ocean caught shrimps.

We put the clams in water.  They are still alive.  Waiting to be eaten at dinner time.

from: http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/11/29/i-discover-and-try-for-the-first-time-raw-ocean-shrimp-and-raw-ocean-clams/

I love your descriptions.   :P

I ate a cup of today filled mostly with raw cream, raw yogurt and raw milk.  I ate about a tablespoon of unheated desert honey.  I ate about an ounce of unpasteurized unsalted pastured colby.  I ate about an ounce of unpasteurized unsalted pastured butter.  I shared (with two cats) half a raw buffalo steak which for the first time I used just with my hands and teeth, no knife.  I ate about six (raw organic) cherry tomatoes. I ate one greenish organic banana.  I ate two whole raw free range chicken eggs (no mixing), drank the the whites first then swallowed the yolks.  That's about it.  I felt like I needed white meat.  I'll buy some in the morning, probably chicken.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:56 am »
This breakfast I had the usual coconut juice and coconut meat.
Also had some 2 slices of pico mango.
Also a big piece of papaya we bought yesterday from the province of Cavite.
Then at the end the raw pili nuts came in.
Here is a picture of the handful of pili nuts I ate.
Also a picture if the our hard working maids cracking open the pili nuts for us.

The 3rd picture is what we are having for lunch.
Yesterday in the province I bought a 2 kilo native organic strong female chicken for 380 pesos.  Not cheap.
My mother in law wants chicken cooked "binakol" style.  I have reserved the whole chicken breast raw for myself.
It is a good trade because when cooked, chicken breast is dry and unappetizing, but when raw, chicken breast is tender and juicy.
I also must remember to reserve the chicken liver for myself.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:17:36 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2008, 09:35:59 am »
i just had an amaaaaaaazing meal...

got invited to an oyster bar, so I got the "raw trio"...

a dozen raw oysters, some raw tuna, and a 1/4 lb. of raw shrimp.

I feel really strange right now though... didn't someone make a post a short while back about feeling strange after eating raw oysters? It's like a buzzed feeling.

But anyway, everything was delicious! The oysters tasted like the sea, and the tuna was melt-in-your-mouth. I'm a happy camper right now!  ;D

livingthelife

« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »
I feel really strange right now though... didn't someone make a post a short while back about feeling strange after eating raw oysters? It's like a buzzed feeling.

Yes, yes - I only ate raw oysters once so far, but I was so high afterward that I hit the gym for an hour!

Yesterday I had

black tea
kombucha
water

asst whole fruit & veg

raw camembert
raw cultured butter

eggs

jerky

beef liver
lamb kidney

kraut

raw honey

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2008, 01:01:23 am »
lamb kidney

Yumm! I love lamb kidney... I'm having some later on today.

Right now I'm about to tear into some strawberries

livingthelife

« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2008, 09:08:00 am »
Tonight we had a rainbow trout for the first time.

It was a pain to prep but very delicious!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2008, 09:21:17 am »
What does trout taste like compared to mackarel, tuna and salmon?

livingthelife

« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2008, 10:02:15 am »
What does trout taste like compared to mackarel, tuna and salmon?

I never had mackerel.

The trout was definitely more tender than either tuna or salmon. It was "buttery" - "melty." The taste was not fishy and very mild, almost indiscernible. The tamari sauce overpowered the flavor. A tiny squirt of lemon was perfect.

Any tuna sashimi I've had tastes "fishier" and is much firmer / fattier than the trout was. Salmon, to me, has a "meaty" taste that the trout did not have.

I suspect this trout was farmed. However, it was still the best tasting sashimi I've ever had. I bought it at the grocery store. It was very fresh - still bleeding a little when I handled it.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2008, 07:07:25 am »
Spleen of bison

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2008, 10:27:23 am »
i'm drinking a concoction of freshly squeezed lime juice from organic limes, farm-fresh eggs that I picked up at the farmer's market this morning, and virgin coconut oil.
this is a recipe that edwin shared a link to... it's supposed to cleanse the liver.

my roommates think i'm crazy haha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk