Author Topic: Best form of paleo for bowel health?  (Read 31379 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Best form of paleo for bowel health?
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 09:52:52 am »
Yet he recommends bone marrow in RFLWD, so that's apparently not the key issue. :shrug:

just trust me on this phil.  :D he also recommends grinding meat but not buying pre-ground meat unless its only ground a certain way...and all other types of specific things. Theres all kinds of organs and such present in the recipes book as well but like some of the misconceptions about saying grain-fed meat is ok theres all kinds of degrees with this stuff about when and what is beneficial or bad. I don't know/remember about the books but I know in an interview he specifically mentions toxins in suet and don't think anything about digestibility. The main things I think seen as non-digestible are vegetables and egg shells. I'm pretty confident that in the past in nature he might say that people would eat the suet and other types of animal fats quite regularly.

If someone had a source of fresh unfrozen bone marrow from a particularly reliable source perhaps he would say eat as much as you want. I tend to think not and that this wouldn't be a substitute for any of the other types of fats in his mind.

anyway, personally I tend to eat plenty frozen bone marrow...I believe to good effect.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 10:10:56 am »
I have an excellent source of fresh, unfrozen, 100% grassfed, local raw suet from a highly regarded farm and I sometimes get suet from wild animals too. Would he consider those OK then?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »
I love the fat that surrounds the tubes of the kidneys, the soft stuff.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2011, 12:31:26 am »
I have an excellent source of fresh, unfrozen, 100% grassfed, local raw suet from a highly regarded farm and I sometimes get suet from wild animals too. Would he consider those OK then?

I'd really like to hear his exact thoughts on some of this stuff myself.

I already gave my best guess which is that a huge part is the frozen/availability issue, but that also these wouldn't be seen as replacements for the dairy and other fats AND that some manner of environmental toxins is stored in healthy animal's bone marrow and suet but not so much the lean meat and the grass-fed dairy.

In that Great Health Debate it was mentioned by GC that dairy was hugely impacted by ground radiation and so forth...

I don't know what the answer is. I'm sure someone has mentioned this stuff before to him and hasn't seem to change his tune about what is recommended. I know he says when no raw dairy is available to eat eggs and avocado..never any mention of getting fat from a butcher or WF. There was a member here a few years back who asked generally about the raw paleo diet and I think he just laughed and said "all that fruit..."

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 03:47:34 am »
What does AV see as the difference between suet and intramuscular fat on one hand vs. marrow, butter and eggs on the other? I know the latter are softer and AV's emphasis is on easily-digestible foods, is that they key difference in his view?

Yes, it seems so.

And I think that most people with a long history of junk food or even low fat raw vegans can't digest suet and other hard animal fats. Egg yolks and butter are super easy to digest, for everyone, I guess.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 03:54:09 am »
I'd really like to hear his exact thoughts on some of this stuff myself.

We should ask him directly!

Has anybody here his phone number or his personal email-adress?

BTW: I wonder if it is possible to ask him some questions without paying consultancy fees etc. (?)

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 03:59:05 am »
It may have a digestibility element but I'm pretty sure its mostly the quality/freshness/toxins thing. That these are the places (including bone marrow) where the animal would be storing environmental toxins. I know he offers these fresh (unfrozen) through particular suppliers that I guess he believes are healthier than even the standard grass-fed stuff, but it does seem like in general much of the things we might deem as the healthiest fats and organs and such are seen as rather unnecessary at best under such systems..at least on a regular basis.

As far as I know butter is always a fat with one of the highest concentrations of all toxins.

Regarding dairy, I believe that the body building hype in California plays a big role. No other food is as fattening as dairy, especially cream and butter. And all these heroes want to be big and bigger as fast as possible...

Löwenherz

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 02:03:17 am »
As far as I know butter is always a fat with one of the highest concentrations of all toxins.

Regarding dairy, I believe that the body building hype in California plays a big role. No other food is as fattening as dairy, especially cream and butter. And all these heroes want to be big and bigger as fast as possible...

Löwenherz

Well, I must be fat from all the grassfed butter I eat. Oh, wait...15% BF is not fat, is it?

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 02:09:22 am »
Well, I must be fat from all the grassfed butter I eat. Oh, wait...15% BF is not fat, is it?

Well, just eat much more dairy and you will become FAT quickly.

Löwenherz

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 03:46:28 am »
FTR, I agree I would be fat on eating tons of cream, milk and cheese. I eat ONLY grassfed butter or ghee for dairy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk