Author Topic: warning - take this seriously  (Read 31426 times)

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
warning - take this seriously
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:25 am »
eating raw meat has ruined my mind

I recently stopped eating meat after eating mostly raw meat for 7 months, and am immediately a lot more like myself.   However, you get shaky after long enough time of not having meat, so I had a tiny bit of raw meat to to get rid of the shakiness, and BAM, all the symptoms came rushing back.  I have NO SOCIABILITY and likeability about myself when on the raw meats, the mentality of a crazed person on the streets overcomes me. 

Raw meat Pros -

-amazing improved spinal shape
-develped butt, legs, and waist
-litte more muscle tone
-extremely calm
-stable, no dizziness
-feel very masculant, extremely high sex drive
-good for skin

Raw meat Cons (especially considering by how much people reccomend to eat of it on here and from aajonus Vonderwhatever)  I used to think AV was a healthy person, but now I see he's not mentally healthy, physically, yes, but mentally, he's not the the ideal person. 

- dead personality
- eventual diminishing of bones
- extreme laziness
- extreme tiredness
- extremely removed from society because no one relates to you because no one is biologically anything like you
- no joy, no excitement, no plans for the future, not career orientated,

My life has become very FUCKED UP because of eating such an entirely raw food diet with a lot of raw meat, now even if I have a spec of raw beef, it triggers the deadness personality and nobody wants to be around me. 

I'm just sharing my experience, people may be very low in protein and raw meats will be excellent, but doing it for so long, I feel like I have a toxic level of protein in my system.  But it's funny, eating cooked chicken seems to not retrigger the symtoms, but a tad of raw meat explodes them. 

It did honestly incredibly improve how my spine looks, and grew my butt muscles which were non existent before, which is amazing, but it makes my mind nasty. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: warning - take this seriously
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:52 pm »
Obviously there needs to be a balance somewhere or there is some nutritional deficiency.

This 2012, year 4 for myself had my instincts tell me to eat markedly less meat than year 2 and 3.

Maybe the long term instinctos are on to something.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 04:42:57 pm »
Maybe you needed more fat, fruit, and plant matter?

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »
You have GOT to listen to your body man.  I agree that AV seems to have serious emotional issues.  I mean the guy has been through hell but it seems he hasn't dealt with the emotional/spiritual scars.  My body doesn't need that much meat right now either.  I probably eat half raw half cooked right now, but still then not very much.  I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, avocados, eggs (when they agree with me), good fats, and smaller amounts of raw fish sashimi, crock-pot chickens/veggies, and rare beef/lamb.  Stop following "gurus" and "dogmas."  Only your body knows what it really wants.  If truckloads of raw meat make you sick, then stop eating it.  One tip i do to really see where i am at body-wise is to go look up "food pyramids."  I don't think its better to stick to any one pyramid but at least you can get a sense where your body FEELS.  I bet you are CRAVING fruits and vegetables like a mad person.  Personally for me, i'm drawn to basically zone-diet style.  Lots of fruits, veggies, proteins like eggs, fish, and chicken, smaller amounts of red meat (although this is increasing on the rare side), and rounded out with raw nut butters, avocados, fats, and small amounts of starchy tubers.  This is what my body wants at this time.  Use your judgement.  Hope this helps.

-Joe

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:41:20 pm »
Good to know. Go check your blood and maybe hormones, obviously something is not right.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
>>> My life has become very FUCKED UP because of eating such an entirely raw food diet with a lot of raw meat, now even if I have a spec of raw beef, it triggers the deadness personality and nobody wants to be around me. 

Adjust adjust adjust.  What does raw fish, raw sea food, raw lamb, raw buffalo, fruits and vegetables do to you?  Don't get stuck with beef.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:39 am »
This to you goodsamaritan

you used to a plump guy, then turned pretty thin with pretty thin, lean arms.  My arms were starting to get too lean and think like yours, not what I wanted, why would any guy want that?!  I dont trust you're extremeism, I've tried it, and it doesnt work.

>>> My life has become very FUCKED UP because of eating such an entirely raw food diet with a lot of raw meat, now even if I have a spec of raw beef, it triggers the deadness personality and nobody wants to be around me. 

Adjust adjust adjust.  What does raw fish, raw sea food, raw lamb, raw buffalo, fruits and vegetables do to you?  Don't get stuck with beef.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:25:54 am »
Don't be ridiculous, with diet alone you can mainly control how fat you are.
With exercise you can control the muscle mass.
goodsamaritan does NOT exercise as far as I know.

Does this guy have thin lean arms?
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/exercisebodybuilding/pullin%27-a-556lb-deadlift-weighing-157/

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 07:39:46 am »
You remove yourself from society, your food doesn't. The problem is your own lack of confidence, not the food you eat. No one relates to you because that's how YOU see it. No plans? No joy? That's in your own control.

Having thin, lean arms has nothing do with eating raw meat. What a ridiculous post! Now you're just coming off as a troll...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:19:46 am by Ferocious »

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:38 am »
You may look into nutritional deficiencies too.  Meat just doesn't seem to have all of the nutrients we need.  I know i would feel terrible on all meat diet.  But just give instinctual eating a few weeks, i promise you will feel better.  Get a bag of apples, some frozen berries, some veggies from farmers market, and some salmon and eggs.  Maybe an avocado.  You will spark up easy.  Also make sure you get enough salt if you are craving it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 08:46:55 am »
This to you goodsamaritan

you used to a plump guy, then turned pretty thin with pretty thin, lean arms.  My arms were starting to get too lean and think like yours, not what I wanted, why would any guy want that?!  I dont trust you're extremeism, I've tried it, and it doesnt work.

Me, extremist?  Hey, I just got to raw paleo diet because it works.  Got in via wai diet... then found out it was part of the raw paleo diet sphere.  And it works so far... and I've cured people on temporary raw paleo diet... My kids these days are on: cooked paleo diet, cooked paleo diet plus rice and cooked paleo diet plus rice.  My wife is on cooked paleo diet plus rice.  They get to eat sashimi every now and then.

There are far better models than me in this forum, get someone with a more similar genetic make up and part of the world you can exchange resources with.

I don't know what you are talking about me being pretty thin with lean arms.
After I got rid of my tape worms in 2011 I bounced up immediately more than 10 pounds to 15 pounds from 123 to 135+ lbs. I'm just 5' 5" short.

Yep, I'm lazy about going to the gym.  Maybe this month me and my kids will be doing badminton lessons.  Now that is fun.

I don't know what your standards for arms are but without gym stuff I gained muscle in my arms so it now has a shape.  And I've still got my blubber fat.

So I took a picture just right now just for you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:53:43 am »
I dont trust you're extremeism, I've tried it, and it doesnt work.

If what you are doing lately does not work for you.
You are free to change it to something that does work for you.

If there are anger issues, you may have a constipated gall bladder.
A couple of hulda clark liver flushes will get rid of that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:25:43 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »
I wrote this post to see if anyone had similar experiences.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:02:28 am »

You titled your post "Warning..." and did not elaborate on what you have been eating, other than vaguely mentioning raw meat. My initial impression was that you had possibly been eating only raw lean muscle meats, which is not healthy. You went on later in the thread to criticize others. I get it that you think your mind and personality have been ruined, but that is no way to ask for what you say you want.

If you really want to see if anyone had similar experiences, why not tell us what you were eating. My thinking here is that most people here have not had their mind and personality ruined (judging from our posts), and several hundred thousand years of our ancestors probably didn't have overly difficult mind/personality issues from their diet, either.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »

Charlie, it sounds like you might just be getting too much protein, and not enough fat.  Check the percentage of total calories in your daily diet from each macronutrient, i.e., fat, protein, carb.  Your protein should always be between 20% and 30% of total calories.  Fat and carb can vary safely, but protein needs to be in that range.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Charlie, I think you have to look in the mirror and stop blaming your issues/problems in your life on other things (including your diet). Did you think this "Diet" was going to fix you? You have deeper issues, than the food that you put in your body.  I'm not here to judge you. If you expected beef liver/heart, or wild salmon to enlighten you. I feel sorry for you! There's other things as Human Beings, that we have to work on besides diets. Just listen to your body, and make the necessary changes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:28:44 am by Chris »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:21 am »
Sounds like troll....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 01:40:27 am »
@ GS,

are those mosquito bites on your arm?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:00 am »
Hi Charlie,

From your other earlier posts it sounds like you came to this diet with some emotional/psychological problems that you were hoping to get help with - raw paleo didn't create them. Tyler told you that he was able to help himself with similar problems as yours as others also told you that they got some relief, but also added other things and are still in process, but getting better.

Please, if you are in earnest, write for us what you have been eating and those with more experience and who have had success maybe can help you modify what you are doing. You weren't doing well before coming to raw paleo and it really is the best diet for your issues. It might not be a cure-all, but there isn't a better diet to use as your foundation. If you are getting worse that might have to do with something you have not been doing  that is generally experienced as right or right for you, or it might be a coincidence, but causation is a big leap to make.

Let us help you. Give us details please.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 08:12:04 am »
Hi Charlie, although he stated it more abrasively than I would have, I think Chris has a point in that you need to take a little more responsibility for your condition and not just blame it on your diet. I suspect that a lot about your lifestyle needs to change before you start seeing meaningful improvements in your symptoms, and if you aren't willing to start making those broader changes you shouldn't be surprised if your symptoms persist.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 08:38:28 am »
@ GS,

are those mosquito bites on your arm?

They were something else... not mosquitos because the welts grew to enormous sizes and only the application of petroleum nut oil stopped it.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »
Chris and Eric - although I fully understand that you want to be of assistance - when someone is so depressed and has deep underlying hormonal and or neurological issues based on biochemistry it is sometimes considered by them to be even more depressing to be told to just do something about it or stop what they are doing when they have no control over what they can and can't do.

What I personally believe might have some actual benefit for this obviously suffering person is simply to ask him to give us more information. We'll be lucky if we get that. He's willing and able to change his diet so let's just see if we can do something to help him in that regard if he will let us.

Diet alone can sometimes make enough of an impact to then allow a person to change other patterns and behaviors and we are a diet forum.  Let's hope we can hit it what might help him in his diet. That is what he has asked for in the past so maybe he is open to that.

I think we can all see that someone here needs our help. He seems to be only narrowly open to suggestions so let's keep our fingers crossed he is still open to getting our help with his diet.

What do you say Charlie? Are you still open to suggestions with your diet? Please give us details of what you were and are eating.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 12:28:09 pm »
Damn, GS, maybe I don't want to live in the tropics after all!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:48 pm »
I'm sorry if I sounded so abrasive. I understand a lack of nutrients, and food choices, can make a difference in our physical and emotional well being. I have my ups and downs just like everybody else in this world. Believe me, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Dorothy, you are a true nurturer, and I see that you want/and are trying to reach out to him. I commend you for that! I too wish that he would tell us more about his diet, and try to figure what went wrong, or what he is doing wrong. I wasn't trying to be mean or judgmental, but I personally believe this is more than just about diet alone. I commend you Charlie for reaching out, and I hope you take advantage of all the people who care about your well being in this forum. In order for us to help you, you need to help yourself, and reach out to us.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 01:12:57 am »
Since you all want to know more about my diet, here it is

Recently gone back to eating lots of raw fruit and vegetables, some SAD food, rice, and potatos, a little beer and wine, eat cooked meat, BUT am holding off 100% on raw meat because even having a tiny bit right now kills my brain function, I just stop caring about anything, and the world doesnt relate to this.  While raw meat is an excellent pain killer, and just makes you not care about anything, that is both good and bad. 

My problem abruptly and suddently happened about 4 years ago and has lasted ever since.  Basically, I was going along without any malignant problems, untill one day, Actually after I was given some Ritalin from a friend at college, I just woke up a different person.  I socially couldn't be myself, I couldn't work hard on anything, I had no quality to myself, I slept all the time, I was acting weird, and watching myself do it from the inside with no control to stop it, just to watch it happen while I was literally possessed by another person.  It never went away, even after stopping all drugs, partying, alcohol, school, social life, eating "healthy", seeing doctors, etc.  However, one day I tried gluten free, and felt how food could change my mind, which lead to grain free, which lead to paleo, which eventually lead to raw paleo.   My positive results were that the diet changes eliminated a lot of the pain and allowed me to do basic things again.   However, I still haven't regained the spark, that personality that used to be me, and without that, I can't regain my friends, or social life, or have a serious career or profession, or really a good life.  Diet as allowed me to not be in incredible pain, but I haven't gotten my spark back. 

READ THIS,  for all those "wise" people who want to diagnose me and tell me what's wrong, I GARENTEE you are telling me nothing I don't already know.  ONLY GIVE ME TREATMENT STRATEGIES, NEW FOODS TO TRY, MEDICINES, PORTION CONTROL, BREAKTHROUGHS THAT REALLY WORKED FOR YOU, AN ONLINE SUPPORT GROUP THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES TO MEET, STUFF LIKE THIS.  DON'T TELL ME TO CHANGE MY MIND, OR OVERCOME SOMETHING, OR WHATEVER YOU BRAINWASHED YOURSELF WITH TO IMAGINE YOU GOT BETTER. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk