Author Topic: Taking a leap of faith, Curing Eczema is my only goal(attention: GoodSamaritan)  (Read 104354 times)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
It is winter here but my friends and family allhave warm hands and feet even in winter(going from outdoor to indoor) and warms up fairly fast while mine takes long time, and even just a bit exposure to cold air gives my hands chills

I guess I stillhave to up mydietary fat

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I do have heat but I feel like it's not enough cuz I'm living in the basement perhaps

Will be better once it turns into spring here

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
It is winter here but my friends and family allhave warm hands and feet even in winter(going from outdoor to indoor) and warms up fairly fast while mine takes long time, and even just a bit exposure to cold air gives my hands chills

I guess I stillhave to up mydietary fat

Fatty fish are the most important food for staying warm.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
How about cheating with top quality alcohol?
In my country we have "lambanog"... coconut vodka, 80-90 proof. 
Makes my hands and feet warm.
(alcohol may be bad for you... it may be good for you too... it depends.)

180 degree health may have something for you on the warmth department.  High fat and high carb and everything high is his thing.  How about exercise and other activities you do?  How about hot baths?  Hot water bottles to get you started? How about a fireplace? turn up your thermostat?  steam baths?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
I've finally come to a point where I can eat all day raw without cheating
all thanks to i've started this habit of maintaining a daily food diary that i've been recording what i ate

cheated today with some wings but i guess this needs to be addressed
EVEN SOCIAL SITUATION, diet is a diet, must follow the rules

It's tough though, food bill definitely goes up, and not everything is so easily accessible when I go to places

Skin's getting smoother and less new eruptions under Raw paleo diet for sure, even if I ate farmed salmon for the last 2 days
Not my best intention to eat farmed fish so i balance it out with some wild fish, but just to get filled i need that fatty fish till my meat comes tomorrow

Still wondering though, what is damaged inside?
What part of my body is not working well so I'm getting this eczema?

Lately, the symptoms has been
Dry Skin, Cold hands and feet, Eczema, Fatigue
Sweet Cravings (Solve with some frozen berries (cheaper)), Sweet Fruits Addiction (Don't know if that's the body telling me i need it or not),
Extreme Lower back pain (tight back muscle, despite same daily routine (fix posture? sitting habit?)

Been at home for a day yesterday and hasn't seen the sun today, so my mood was really low
At the same time this slow progress has made me more determined, all or nothing, i can't go back to having eczema, don't want to either

However, slow progress is progress, here are some of the stuff benefited me the most:
1. Fatty Fish, Raw
2. Blue ICe Green Pasture Fish Oil

the worst part is fish don't come by easy and is expensive, so I cannot rely on them, here it's grassfed beef for the staple food then

Habit I must fix:
1. Using social situation as excuse to cheat on diet
2. Empty windows of hunger leading to snacking /cheating
3. Sleeping schedule all over the place due to holiday

Some questions:
Can you guys direct me to some more credible sources to understand more about eczema/dieting/health?
and also
Is there a possibility i can come to a point of full recovery where I can cheat (not that I want to but for travel needs)?

Lastly For GS: Im in canada so i can't get barefoot herbalist, so I got humaworm colon cleanse but it doesn't seem so effective...what should I expect from Colon Cleanse? any suggestion on what to get for a colon detox (herb/food?)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
I get barefoot herbalist products.
My wife orders his herbals.
Sends it to her brother who lives in California.
When the big box is full of other orders of other siblings, he sends them to Manila.
So if I can get barefoot products all the way to the Philippines, you can get it from across the border Canada.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Van, a long term raw paleo dieter suggested:

"I've been using an inland sea mineral product from utah, but have just recently found what I think may be the best sea mineral supplement period, in liquid ionic form/low sodiom,, called  Blue Ocean Minerals.  Check it out.   It has the ideal mg./ca. ratio too, something that most other sea min products can't match."

I've seen the videos and website, sounds logical and might work for you.

I want to get some for myself.  I've been doing mineral supplementation exploration lately.

Healing takes time.  You are seeing consistent improvements and that should make you immensely happy.  Be patient and listen to your body.  We are lucky to be living in the age of too much internet.  You have all the knowledge at your fingertips.

There is this concept of regenerating our tissues, our muscles our organs.  And with consistent new habits, new inputs, when the new organs are up and running, your entire being will be different.  The way you think, the way you feel, everything.

There are and will be some stuff detoxed over the years, just welcome them.  There may be mistakes committed, but you will catch and correct those mistakes as you realize them.

I'm always inspired by Luke's story.  I think his story is a template for this new generation of soon to be healed people like you.  The information is all there.  You constantly juggle it and piece together your strategy and then act on it with what you can.

You are doing it. :)

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Recently I've had more breakthrough mentally, in a sense that I've come to accept the new way of eating, instead of thinking that it's weird/uncivilized

Or i should say, Im finally at peace with my current state of being, by meditating when Im walking back and forth from school

Started another VCO detox today, it made me really sleep all of a sudden so I went to bed shortly after 2 table spoons of it at 6:00pm
Woke up near 12:00am and took another 2 table spoons

Drinking lemon juice+spring water+Sea salt (the best I can find recently)

Lets see what this is going to do to me

Update:
Just ordered 2 bottles of Butter Oil and 1 bottle of Fermented Cod Liver Oil from (By Green Pasture)

Beneficial Food list for Eczema:
Raw Bone Marrow (Speed up recovery of wound, Fills stomach, Better Moist on skin)
Raw Fatty Fish
Raw Fatty Fish/ Raw Bone marrow, IN COMBINATION with FCLO = Smoother and Healthier skin

My skin condition has improved around I'd say 70% from the time I took photos back in Nov 2012
Been lazy about the photos, but going to take more soon

What are your thoughts about Green Pasture Combination of FCLO and Butter Oil?  Let me know!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:48:14 pm by badboy9311 »

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Realized crucial fact is:
I think i've recovered, then I slip on my diet, then Im back to phase 1
keeping a journal, is then a way to keep myself accountable

Been struggling about this crucial part: How much carbs should I eat, and from WHAT source?
Im cold, ate fatty fish, still cold
made bone broth, still cold..
Im just cold in general and I don't understand, still trying to figure it out

Suspecting my thyroid is also having problem, Im easily tired and It is killing my motivation to stick with the diet

I mean, do you guys feel and UP of energy level? my energy level is horrible

I do agree to a forum post made by Iguana, that it is often problematic to just look at symptoms and not look at the entire underlying cause, re metaphor of trying to fix a car by just looking at parts but not the whole car.

Started reading Instincto Eating lately and it is quite simple, yet I find it quite difficult to implement where many sources of food is pretty much modified more or less. I guess you can only do so much given limitations of geographic area.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Most carbs other than raw fermented honey, wild Maine blueberries and yogurt tend to make me feel cold and tired, presumably due to something screwed up in my system (such as gut dysbiosis and/or metabolic dysfunction). Animal fats warm and energize me, but if I never eat carbs, then that also seems to eventually cause me to become cold. So eating plenty of fats and intermittently eating carbs seems to maximize warmth for me.

Another major thing that has helped my cold tolerance is following cold therapy tips from Wim Hoff and Todd Becker (such as taking gradually colder showers).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Been struggling about this crucial part: How much carbs should I eat, and from WHAT source?
Im cold, ate fatty fish, still cold
made bone broth, still cold..
Im just cold in general and I don't understand, still trying to figure it out

Suspecting my thyroid is also having problem, Im easily tired and It is killing my motivation to stick with the diet

How often are you eating?  For some people, eating every 3 or 4 hours is necessary, to keep energy levels up. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

If  I were a lifelong RPD eater, I probably wouldn't have to address long-term health problems. As I am older with a few serious problems, a good naturopathic doctor and a few hundred dollars worth of blood and urine tests gave me some clues as to what treatments to pursue in addition to eating a proper human diet (RPD).

By all means, go find out what's wrong. My advice is to eat RPD and see how well everything else works. In the words of my doctor, "90% of my job is to get people to stop eating toxic food so that my treatments work."
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Are you eating enough fat? It seems most people who have trouble sticking to Rpd don't eat enough fat. What are your fat sources? Look for stuff like beef fat, and suet to add to all your meals. Also go sure fattier cuts of meat. Eggs. Fatty fish. Brain.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
When cold, I take a cue from 180 degree health and go high everything.

I have to admit I have no experience with winter or spring weather.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Most carbs other than raw fermented honey, wild Maine blueberries and yogurt tend to make me feel cold and tired, presumably due to something screwed up in my system (such as gut dysbiosis and/or metabolic dysfunction). Animal fats warm and energize me, but if I never eat carbs, then that also seems to eventually cause me to become cold. So eating plenty of fats and intermittently eating carbs seems to maximize warmth for me.

Another major thing that has helped my cold tolerance is following cold therapy tips from Wim Hoff and Todd Becker (such as taking gradually colder showers).

I don't quite understand the blame on carbs..Im getting conflicting opinion from the forum...some say carbs causes their problems whereas contrast some say you should keep carbs in (for example: Perfect Health Diet (book), and 180degree health), or even high carbs, what is this madness?

Im getting my fats from bone marrow, the best I can get possibly..How much is enough? I tried to eat more today to get myself fuller but it just doesnt make myself feel full, so i had to eat some liver..Im eating a small bowl of bone marrow fat already (around 5-6 table spoon)

I just notice as well, i really dont quite enjoy organ meats..as much as muscle meat..like sashimi can make me eat all day but liver to me feels on a different level..like it just blows man, i can eat sashimi or raw beef roast all day but liver tastes weird to me and kiddney or heart that i tried before just tasted straight up gross

Im getting there, in the long haul now, getting real impatient to recovery rate though

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Itchy Skin and Eczema

Recently found this video..Thoughts? Problem with what he's saying?
I find problem with the part he said about parasites, but I can't find enough evidence busting the parasite claims (hygiene hypothesis)

And can someone explain what deficiency he's talking about? I can't quite understand from what Im hearing ..
(ATL? HCL?)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
HCl - hydrochloric acid - is stomach acid.

He explained what eczema is, that there were several possible stressors that cause eczema. He said to consult with a health practitioner. What's to disagree with?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Quote from: PaleoPhil on Yesterday at 05:41:42 PM

I don't quite understand the blame on carbs..Im getting conflicting opinion from the forum...some say carbs causes their problems whereas contrast some say you should keep carbs in (for example: Perfect Health Diet (book), and 180degree health), or even high carbs, what is this madness?
I don't know what you're referring to re: blaming carbs. I didn't read the whole thread, and I only read a small fraction of the threads, so maybe I missed something here or in another thread. I just shared my experience, FWIW, and blamed my own body rather than carbs. As I said, I do eat some carbs, and I hope some day that I will be able to improve my carb tolerance further with probiotics or other therapies. I experimented with quite a few carby foods to see which ones I can currently handle best. I've seen plenty of folks report thriving on moderate to high carb intakes, I'm just not currently one of them, though I seem to be tolerating them somewhat better than in the past, especially when I stick to my best-tolerated carby foods. I enjoy Paul Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet blog quite a bit and he recommends low carb (20-30% of calories) and eats low carb himself, despite giving the OK to "safe starches" for most folks.

That video is pretty good and in line with what I wrote above and my experience and raw Paleo in general (he could have covered the differences between eczema and psoriasis and my understanding is that symptoms on the outside of the elbows are actually much more common with psoriasis than eczema--including for a friend of mine who had psoriasis--but that's a minor point). He mentioned gut dysbiosis, which I mentioned above. He also mentioned nutrient deficiency, leaky gut, malabsorption, fungal overgrowth, toxic processed foods, food intolerances, and healthy saturated fats, which all fit in nicely with raw Paleo and have been discussed at this forum before. He sounded a bit down on parasites and I didn't notice him mention symbiotic or commensal parasites, which are a feature in the hygiene hypothesis you mentioned, which is also known as the old friends hypothesis and which I think is quite important, and eczema is one of the diseases which have been specifically linked to lack of "old friends" (Is Cleanliness to Blame for Increasing Allergies? http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100413160901.htm).

As eveheart explained, HCL is hydrochloric acid. If your body isn't producing enough HCL, it reduces your ability to digest foods and thereby your ability to absorb nutrients. You mentioned digestive stress, so it's at least a possible factor. I didn't notice any benefit from an HCL supplement myself, but I do at times consume some acidic foods at the start of meals, such as lemon juice squeezed into water or raw sauerkraut, and these foods are more enjoyable than the supplements. I think some folks at this forum did report benefit from HCL supplements.

On a related note, Todd Becker has an interesting contrarian view on supplements: http://gettingstronger.org/2012/11/why-i-dont-take-vitamin-d-supplements/

Im getting my fats from bone marrow, the best I can get possibly..How much is enough?
What other animal fat sources are you eating? I eat as much as I want and I use the bones for broth (and it's possible to make raw broth). The right amount for you depends on your individual body. No one can determine that except you through experience.

I don't enjoy organ meats but eat the ones I find most tolerable anyway, as they're healthy and I hope I'll acquire a taste for them. There are also many ways to eat them without having to taste them, or to make them taste better, and you can find plenty of tips on that online. I found that patience helps, and if something super beneficial really turns me off then I either go slow or put it aside for another day and focus on something I can handle now.

One of the good points re: coldness that Matt Stone and Danny Roddy have made is that not eating enough calories can cause coldness.

Cold therapy (see Wim Hof, Todd Becker, etc.) has worked well for me. I used to have chronically cold hands (and people would remark about them if I shook their hand or touched them), whereas now I routinely melt snowballs and ice cubes in my hands and have only worn gloves two or three times in the last 3 years or so. If the weather gets into the minuses, then I tend to put my hands in my pockets after walking for about a half mile or so, but still don't need gloves if I'm not using my hands.

YMMV, find what works for you.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:06:00 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I think it would be difficult to get all your animal fats from bone marrow.

I get half my calories from fat. 1/3 from protein and 1/6 from carbs. I eat 1.5 oz of raw beef far with each meal regardless of what kind of near I'm eating. The above calorie is an estimate before my snacks. My main meals are 8 oz of a meat, 1.5 oz of beef fat, and a fruit an hour before the meal. Fire snacks I'll have eggs, marrow bones, some times a fruit.

I eat a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Exam time was so stressful that my sleeping schedule totally went off
im still adjusting right now but im over with stress
Stress from school and social occasions (self-image problem from eczema) is leading to procrastination and cheating in diet..

No more, what people think doesn't give me health and recovery

You are right, eve, the first thing i really need to do is follow a STRICT 100% raw paleo diet first

I just find it hard to be consistent and deal with social situations. I guess eating out wouldn't be an option for me much (i know how one can try to eat raw, i do, but many of my friends eat trash)

I think so far i have 3 major cravings
1. sugar (snacks and candies) <--replacing with in season fruits (watermelon, coconut)
2. salt (instant noodles..yes..horrible) <--a sign that i need organ meat? i don't taste salt from muscle meat much
3. alcohol (relaxing effect) <--replacing this with meditation, and fun activities like longboarding

I think you guys are right, Im spending too much time thinking about symptoms and cleanses and detoxes
Not following a strict diet is the downfall of me

I've always had problem in terms of following through with something, I really want to get this handled though..I can do this though, I've done it before

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Current Menu:
Bone Marrow (beef)
Veal Shanks
Beef Liver
Water Melon
Apples
Pineapples
Occasional fish

Growth Hormone boost activity:
Weightlifting/Exercising (gives me huge boost in growth hormone and recovery rate)

Sunbathing also seems to help
Sun is finally out and weather is good here
Gives me more motivation to finish school here and get out of here, maybe move to some tropical area..I really can't take winter any longer, it just sucks

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
That diet looks OK.  If you are having trouble with cravings, eat more raw fat, and eat it early in the day. Keep your carb consumption mainly to your evening meal.  No carbs at breakfast, minimal protein at breakfast.  A little carb and moderate protein at lunch, and a regular meal in the evening.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
try some seaweed if you are looking for a good source of minerals.
maine coast is a great brand, their dulse and kelp are very high quality

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
try some seaweed if you are looking for a good source of minerals.
maine coast is a great brand, their dulse and kelp are very high quality

The dulse is much easier to digest than the kelp.  I definitely enjoy the dulse from time to time.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies, I'll look into seaweed when I get back to HK in the next week
Now Im still in canada and in a small town where everything is quite limited
Quite fortunately here the farmer's market is pretty impressive (well in terms of veg and fruits, small amounts of meat) and close to where I live

Did a Egg Yolk Liver Flush recommended by GS yesterday and felt a little too much nausea, but did clear my nose for a bit, flu like symptoms upon waking up this morning though, slight asthma-like reaction (blocked airways, mucus)

Didnt observe much stones, might've pooped it out but didn't see it, or just didn't get much out
Had a lot of "misty" gunk and mucus pooped out though, don't know what that suggests

Going to rest for a day and do it again tomorrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk