Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 529339 times)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1050 on: March 03, 2012, 06:32:39 am »
Hi Wattlebird, do you do anything to keep the nettles from stinging you? I don't mind the sting on my hands, but I've never just eaten them fresh picked. 
      Has anybody ever eaten fresh raw poison ivy? I've herd it was the cure for he allergy. I even know a guy that does it, just like more than one person's experience.
       Inger you can come over any time. Did you mean no fruit, or no tropical fruit? I'm reading more from the Jack Kruse site, I missed a lot b/c I was reading on my little phone. I'll look at what he says. I don't want meat today at all. I had a few bites of organ for breakfast, then just salad and coconut. for lunch I drank fresh cream and I tried to have some egg yolks, but they came right back up. I'm not sick now. I just ate some fresh mozzarella, that I made, and a grapefruit. This happened to me a couple of months ago. I think I went a day or 2. I guess I'm not hungry today.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 03, 2012, 06:53:05 am »
Hi Wattlebird, do you do anything to keep the nettles from stinging you? I don't mind the sting on my hands, but I've never just eaten them fresh picked. 

Hi Adora,
origami is the key: pick young fresh leaves with fingertips by touching top of leaf only. Then fold inwards into small parcel, making sure the underside (where most of the worst stings are) is always covered.
Nibble with front teeth before allowing into rest of mouth.
Works well!  :)
Kind wishes, J

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 03, 2012, 07:36:52 am »
thanks Wattlebird, I'll try when they come in season

[quote author=zaid
- Have you ever eaten spleen separately? Do you notice any betterment after eating it?
- What about the blood? Have you noticed any effects of drinking the blood?
- Same question is about the Lungs. Geoff said there are no nutritional value of lungs. But for me important thing is if one feels some thing good after eating it or not.
[/quote]

Zadi - I don't know how I missed this. What raw animal foods have you tried so far? Thank you for all of your kindness
I did eat spleen before and I liked it much less. I think pig and chicken are less gamey than cow or lamb. I had lamb spleen before. It might just be that I'm getting used to organs. I feel that they are good for me, but my body is peculiar. I think I'm way over fed and it makes me fussy. Or maybe body is peculiar when it is sick or healing. I had a very different experience than Geoff with the lung.  I went for lung the most. I thought about it hungrily between meals. I ate some fish and chicken to switch off of organs, but I'd get 1 or 2 pieces of lung too. I don't know if I will have the same experience next time, with a cow or if I'll be different and have different needs all of the time.
   The blood was so good. I couldn't get much down b/c of the salt, but my butcher(Sam :-*) handed me the heart still warm and there were 2 good swallows of blood. It was amazing. I licked and squeezed it to pull every drop, before my mind kicked in to tell me how strange I looked. I'm sure my cave women ancestors used to drink it. I wonder why it is so uncommon today??? I think it might be easiest to get chicken blood. Some farmers sell them alive, the butchering isn't that tough, and we could have fresh blood.  :P
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 03, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »
Wattlebird,
I love fresh nettles too!!! I eat them all summer long. :) And all kind of other wild edibles I love too.
Now, I live in Finnland and here are many months with.. nothing. No fruits, no greens.. everything is covered with ice and snow. And it makes me feel good, this cold....! In combination with a ketogenic diet ;). Go figure.
I just took a icecold shower, so good. The tapwater here now is literally.. icecold.

@ Löwenherz,
I love the easiness with rawpaleo too. Often I eat just plain. But sometimes I like to "cook".
It is fun. But just sometimes.
Somethings also does not taste that good to me plain, like cod. It is fishy. I enjoy it more when making recipe. I have no problems digesting it at all.

@Adora,
I meant all fruit, except of maybe wild berries. They are great and have almost no carbohydrates. :)
Adora you are so brave...!!! I cannot believe how you drink blood and all. Wow. :-*

Inger

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 04, 2012, 02:33:31 am »
thanks Wattlebird, I'll try when they come in season

[quote author=zaid
- Have you ever eaten spleen separately? Do you notice any betterment after eating it?
- What about the blood? Have you noticed any effects of drinking the blood?
- Same question is about the Lungs. Geoff said there are no nutritional value of lungs. But for me important thing is if one feels some thing good after eating it or not.

Zadi - I don't know how I missed this. What raw animal foods have you tried so far? Thank you for all of your kindness
I did eat spleen before and I liked it much less. I think pig and chicken are less gamey than cow or lamb. I had lamb spleen before. It might just be that I'm getting used to organs. I feel that they are good for me, but my body is peculiar. I think I'm way over fed and it makes me fussy. Or maybe body is peculiar when it is sick or healing. I had a very different experience than Geoff with the lung.  I went for lung the most. I thought about it hungrily between meals. I ate some fish and chicken to switch off of organs, but I'd get 1 or 2 pieces of lung too. I don't know if I will have the same experience next time, with a cow or if I'll be different and have different needs all of the time.
   The blood was so good. I couldn't get much down b/c of the salt, but my butcher(Sam :-*) handed me the heart still warm and there were 2 good swallows of blood. It was amazing. I licked and squeezed it to pull every drop, before my mind kicked in to tell me how strange I looked. I'm sure my cave women ancestors used to drink it. I wonder why it is so uncommon today??? I think it might be easiest to get chicken blood. Some farmers sell them alive, the butchering isn't that tough, and we could have fresh blood.  :P

This is an important information about Lungs & Blood. Thank a lot Adora.

@ Adora,
when I look at you in your video it makes me happy. Yes, really happy inside. :)
Now I guess you should really follow the Kruse-programm, it would do you SO much good!
I have f.lux http://stereopsis.com/flux/on my computer (just download it for free), and also additionally turn it on as dark as possible in the evenings.
I use mostly only candles after 8 pm.
I have started to shower my legs and arms with ice-cold water. I love this.

If anyone else is interested and do not know about it yet;

http://jackkruse.com/jacks-blog/

This is amazing.

Follow these three things;
Cold  thermogenesis (adapting to cold through cold baths etc..)
As little artificial light as you can, only candles at night etc.. get to sleep at 10 pm
Seasonal eating (ketogenic in fall, winter and spring, carbs / fruits in summer only)

These three things have ALL to be done at the same time, and you will lengthen your telomeres.
Amazing stuff. How could the solution be so easy, for free! I know in my heart, this is the truth.

Inger

Wow! Entirely new information for me.

In fact,  I did read few times about ice water bath, but didn't pay enough attention to it.

But the way you insisted so hard... it really compelled me to take serious note of this (thanks a lot).  And result was I was dancing under the ice cold shower today  (... this dance was not intentional .... and I feared that people would hear as I had to cry too .... but no body heard any thing ... and reason was this that I was crying but  it was so cold that no VOICE was coming out of my cries  ;D )

But ... I am feeling really well after it.

I also got confusion about "Wild Berries & No Fruit theory in winter". But Adora asked it and you have already made it clear.

Nettles:
Do you feel any positive effects after eating "Dried" nettles (or any Dried wild green)?

Here I am eating my lunch today. Sorry I got a call at the end. -X

rohe Fischbällchen-Preiselbeer-Mittagessen

I eat fishpate kind of sushistyle with cowberry dip. In the pate' I use;

Wildcaught raw and fresh codfillet
fresh ginger
fresh chili
leek
marjoram
raw butter
raw coconutoil
seasalt
1 eggyolk
wild sea buckthorn berries - instead of whitewine vinegar and honey as usual (it worked well!)

Mix all together in a food processor. Roll into balls.
I used wild Finnish cowberries as a dip, it tasted quite nice indeed! First time I did that. ;)
I thought about GS saying vit. C with fat helps your hair not turn gray. ;)

This is to a very large % wild. I love to use as much wild as I can. I feel so great from it! The best.
Maybe next time I will try to add wild dried nettles... :)

Inger

Thanks for the recipe & Video.
Just bought marjoram (never used it before and don't know how it tastes).

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 04, 2012, 07:07:07 am »
Inger I only saw a small part about not eating starches in winter. Did you find an article that says no fruit at all? Would you let me know what article it is in? I have had trouble with very low carb before so I'm a little worried. I'm going to email him, but I'd like to read what you saw 1st. I'm doing very well and really having fun in the cold. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me.
Oh I just thought about carrots. I have cold storage organic carrots from my farm I could eat more of them. I read that even I'd you are obese to take 50g of carbs/day.
Zadi I read, Becoming the Iceman too. He explains how importand it is to relax in the cold as much as possible. He does deep belly breathing 30 times before cold exposure to improve organ oxygen and to maintain a calm focus on your inner fire, which is the spot where you have the most warmth in your belly. The more relaxed you are the faster you adapt. After all what there to be tense about? I find that I feel better slow starting with my legs than I splash my face, then belly and chest then back. I only briefly expose my head b/c that the hardest. I at 25mins. I don't go by time I go by feel. First, it is shocking, then numb, then intense need to get out. That's when I get out but it is fun to time it.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
Zaidi,
I have not eaten that much dried nettles yet.. but I do feel great!  :)
I just have the feeling they must be great (but not too much of them of course)
It is hard for me to tell from what that great feeling comes.. there are so many possibilities. ;D

@ Adora,
oh.. that about fruit in the winter. He points it out at many places..
You need to read his blog like studying Adora, very slowly. Then you will see!
Look, you can eat fruit and starches, but in season! Here lies the BIG secret.
And ketogenic ALWAYS together with cold homogenises AND darkness when it is dark outside, as much as possible.
These all tree things together work wonders. If you let one out it will not work that well.
I guess you did no good with keto before because you let the other two parts out Adora! That is what I guess...
Dr Kruse did all these three things, and in 6 years his age measured by his telomere-length.. got from a 55 years old to a 29 years old. :o
He have proved it, it works! He wanted to prove his theory was wrong, but it wasnt. Instead he did stumbled upon a treasure...
He have healed his family too. And he can see huge positive changes in his patients that are willing to try it. Many are not, unfortunately. It is too easy maybe. It is often that way. The truth is too close, too simple. People want believe. -X

It is a holy trinity. :) You should not separate them. ;) They are all for free, for everyone to have. :-*
Adora I asked a question in the comments section, and he answered! You can do this too! I don't know if he answers emails, I guess he might be too busy. You can try of course. But I would go for the comments-section!
But before you ask Adora.. make sure to read all his latest blogpostst AND the comments very well.. maybe you get your answer already by then!
I guess you will need some days for the reading only. ;)

Inger
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:01:42 pm by Inger »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1057 on: March 04, 2012, 08:21:19 pm »
Dr kruse theory on fruit and carnivorous consumption sounds solid in places with 4 seasons.

Here in the tropics, the great healers tell me to follow the fruit seasons.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:42 am »
Inger I'm going to give it a try I'll go 2 months the best i can no fruit/starch/carbs at all lots of dark (candles only), and as much cold as I can. I'm excited ;D Your a fine motivator Three stars for you Inger. I'll give short chronicles my journal. I like that. Maybe you want to chronicle it too. I'll be the test and your the control. To see what the results of the raw trinity are. If anybody else want to go for it that sounds fun too. I can't start until tomorrow , because I had a grapefruit for lunch. So, when fruits come into season, we can eat hem again? It's not forever, that feels better. So, from 3/5/12 - 5/5/12 we or at least I begin a new adventure. ;)
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:12 am »
hehe i just read through the last few posts of this thread, i am excited now too for no other reason then you all are motivated:) makes me want to do well at whatever i am doing too, and also go outside in the cold right now, thanks!

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
Dr kruse theory on fruit and carnivorous consumption sounds solid in places with 4 seasons.

Here in the tropics, the great healers tell me to follow the fruit seasons.

I can't wait to leave Europe once and forever.

I really hate the coldness, the darkness and the depression everywhere here, especially at this time of the year.

WE are tropical creatures.

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1061 on: March 05, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »
I love the cold, the extra dark during winter, the fog, the bad weather etc. Maybe it's because I have more Neanderthal DNA than the average - who knows? At any rate, I feel sluggish and weak in the heat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:49 am »
I am like you TD. I must have Neanderthal-genes too. ;)
I love to live in Finland. Now I see it as a real treasure! Before, I thought it was not..
The air is so very fresh, the sky is so blue, the sun shines so clear. I feel so ALIVE here! It is crazy at times..
I feel great in cold too. I never felt that good in the summer in Germany. The air there was not healthy for me.
When I was eating this tropical rawfood and fruit diet (I also included raw animals but it was not that much) I was freezing all the time. It was terrible.
The people here in the north are nice, I like them. They are friendly. Not manipulative, but just how they are.
Life is less stressful. People also like to be alone, there are only 5 millions living in big Finland.
Enough space for everyone.
I feel blessed. :)

GS, I do believe it is great to eat fruit in season. :) Here are only Berries and such, a few months only in late summer/fall. -X
I do eat native prefrozen wild berries year around though, I feel great with that.
If I was you, with your ancestors, I would eat everything in season where you live too.. :-*

Inger
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:43:19 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 06, 2012, 03:16:30 am »
So if Dr Kruse is right; assuming people eat raw paleo style and only the foods that are natuarally available to them (local and in-season foods), people in a temperate climate should live longer than people in a tropical climate, right?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:47 am »
I love where I live, I've been up since 1am enjoying the warm breeze blowing through my house.

I lived in Ireland and England for a year  and when we finally flew over Australia on the way back, the light and blues of the sky and ocean hit me, I felt alive again.

I just love it.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:46:15 am by TylerDurden »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 06, 2012, 06:33:34 am »
I love where I live, I've been up since 1am enjoying the warm breeze blowing through my house.

I lived in Ireland and England for a year  and when we finally flew over Australian on the way back, the light and blues of the sky and ocean hit me I felt alive again.

I just love it.

Hi Wodgina
are you now living in Australia?
Kind wishes, J

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:15 am »
sure am!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1067 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:56 am »
Hi Wodgina
are you now living in Australia?
Kind wishes, J
He's in Perth. No doubt an empty desert with little real greenery or fauna.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:04 am »
He's in Perth. No doubt an empty desert with little real greenery or fauna.

Ha!  :D Other side of the island.
But (possibly) judging by Wodgina's avatar pic, we both nevertheless share (with the dolphins and great white's) a love of getting out amongst the waves.  ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 06, 2012, 02:47:25 pm »
So if Dr Kruse is right; assuming people eat raw paleo style and only the foods that are naturally available to them (local and in-season foods), people in a temperate climate should live longer than people in a tropical climate, right?

Yes Haai,
that is what his testings are showing.
Very intresting. People age faster in warm climates.
But the real bad thing is the biological mismatch what modern man has created.
Oranges in Finland in winter? 24/7 warm cozy houses and cars, when it is freezing cold outside..
Artificial lights late at night, disturbed sleep..
It will shorten your lifespan. That is the price you got to pay.

Makes me a little sad that I recognize this now when I am already 35. I have done lot of damage. Also worked as a waitress for many many years, late nights, very stressing.
I do have wrinkles already and that is too early. :(
I also ate tropical fruits a lot for many years, year around. I always wanted it warm.. warm.. I used electric light generously without spending a second thought is it good for me.
Thankfully it looks like a lot of  damage could be reversed!

(just got to think about how bad many fruitarians are doing, really.. if they only knew this  -[ )

Inger
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:53:14 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 06, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »

Zadi I read, Becoming the Iceman too. He explains how importand it is to relax in the cold as much as possible. He does deep belly breathing 30 times before cold exposure to improve organ oxygen and to maintain a calm focus on your inner fire, which is the spot where you have the most warmth in your belly. The more relaxed you are the faster you adapt. After all what there to be tense about? I find that I feel better slow starting with my legs than I splash my face, then belly and chest then back. I only briefly expose my head b/c that the hardest. I at 25mins. I don't go by time I go by feel. First, it is shocking, then numb, then intense need to get out. That's when I get out but it is fun to time it.

Thanks Adora.

After two days of training (slow starting and deep belly breathing), it seems that:

For Adora =  She can RELAX for 25 MINUTES

For Zaidi =  He can RELAX for 25 SECONDs, and they he has to start dancing  ;D

But it is already an improvement from 5 seconds (first time 4-5 days ago) to  25 Seconds (just half an hour ago). I am really positive about my 25 seconds  ;D

=================

Inger:

Candles are also out. 

Wild berries are also there.

Cold baths are also there.

Wild nettles (dried) are also there.

................................................. And I am already feeling the difference.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »
Zadi I was only a few seconds at first too. I've been doing this almost all winter, on and off. Also, the majority of my 25 mins was in cold but not straight cold shower. I have since progressed to going to cold only - no warm water running at all. I thought it would be easy. It wasn't I made it just 8mins and i was so cold the coconut oil wouldn't spread on my skin. I tried a straight cold bath too, thinking I was well prepared. I just couldn't stand it maybe 25 secs. I think diabetes makes me slower to progress. I'm determined though. Needed to set the record straight. You'll probably be way ahead of me in no time, let me know. I'm really excited for you.
    Also, what did you mean by NO CANDLES?
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1072 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »
This discussion is interesting but OFF-TOPIC.

Maybe create a new thread for this climate adaptation discussion?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 07, 2012, 02:58:03 am »
This discussion is interesting but OFF-TOPIC.

Maybe create a new thread for this climate adaptation discussion?

Beef.....with beef fat :P
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 07, 2012, 04:38:50 am »
I love the cold, the extra dark during winter, the fog, the bad weather etc. Maybe it's because I have more Neanderthal DNA than the average - who knows? At any rate, I feel sluggish and weak in the heat.

Cold, dark, foggy bad weather!?? ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! LOL.

I love sunshine, brilliant blue skies with nice little white clouds and a warm lush green environment.

Tyler, where did you get your new Neanderthal genes? I can remember very well one of your emails (some years ago) in which you wrote that you HATE the bad UK weather.  :o

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:47:43 am by Löwenherz »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk