Author Topic: Give us a laugh !  (Read 386661 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Give us a laugh !
« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2015, 11:34:47 am »
It is strange indeed. It seems like they have removed the meaning behind sex so why are they still excluding men who identify as men? I tend to despise men, I like women and am affectionate to women. Does this mean I identify as a woman? What if I identify as neither but instead identify as merely a human being?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:45:25 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 25, 2015, 12:13:09 pm »
It is strange indeed. It seems like they have removed the meaning behind sex so why are they still excluding men who identify as men? I tend to despise men, I like women and am affectionate to women. Does this mean I identify as a woman? What if I identify as neither but instead identify as merely a human being?

Relax, RogueFarmer. Just because some people have differing thoughts and feelings about their "identity," it doesn't mean that we all have to examine our "identity," whatever the hell that means.

Years ago, I had some lesbian acquaintances who claimed that all women were lesbians; therefore, I should give it a try. I thought about it long and hard for, uh, about a tenth of a second, and knew for sure that I was not attracted to any woman. I mean, "Nice try, ladies, now move on along." Just because they try to sell something, doesn't mean you have to even consider buying it.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #352 on: July 25, 2015, 04:26:30 pm »
GS, you are posting items in Give Us A Laugh, but I don't see the humor in what you have been posting here.

I do understand that you are opposed to the way that certain people are, but how is that funny? Would you point to a "different" person in the street and laugh at them? Maybe your answer would be yes, but I find that behavior offensive, and I would no more want to tolerate someone pointing and laughing in public than I would having them point and laugh online.
GS is quite right. It is very funny, first of all. The Vagina Monologues is, after all, a tired, leftwing piece of trash that insults and denigrates men and, at the end of the play/theme, tried to imply that all women should become lesbians like the author of the Vagina Monologues as men are supposedly all rapists etc.So, it is very funny that this play is banned because it supposedly offends transsexuals.

Another point:- The Vagina Monologues is a typical example of leftwing loonery. It shows that the notion that anyone, (preferably some sort of minority), can take offence at  absolutely anything is absolutely laughable as it  inevitably leads to suppression of freedom of speech(or in this case, freedom of appearance). Prejudice is in the view of the so-called "perpetrator". if the so-called "perpetrator"  does not mean anything by what he/she says, then what he says is not bigoted, even if some  other person finds it offensive.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 25, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »
The Vagina Monologues is, after all, a tired, leftwing piece of trash that insults and denigrates men and, at the end of the play/theme, tried to imply that all women should become lesbians like the author of the Vagina Monologues as men are supposedly all rapists etc.

The Vagina Monologues is a monologue(!), a theatrical presentation by a single character, most often to express their mental thoughts aloud. The author/performer Eve Ensler, whether performing her own opinions for fun or profit, is entitled to her opinion, IMO. She only speaks for herself. I don't see the point in going beyond one's own opinion of her opinion by blasting others for their opinion of the Vagina Monologues; that amounts to reviewing a review.

I belong to this forum because of its connection to a raw diet. I would love to encourage my dear friends to join this forum, but I don't because of the attitudes of some other members towards a diverse society. My friends are all heterosexuals who have no beef with people who are different from us in various ways. In the past on this forum, we've had vicious thread-fights over the diverse opinions among our member; now, we seem to have directed our desire to flame outwards to people who are not in the conversation. What's the point? Why waste one breath (or one keystroke) putting someone else to shame for their lifestyle or opinion? I find it both offensive and not funny.

Where are we going with these threads that label other lifestyles as "humorous"?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #354 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:53 pm »
Well, just as Eve Ensler is entitled to her opinion, so are the rest of us as well. I dismissed her as being very one-sided and promoting a scenario that many heterosexual women do not agree with(despite Ensler claiming to speak for all women), let alone any men. As for the initial  news item about the Vagina Monologues being scrapped because it was offensive to yet another group, it just seemed poetic justice, that's all.  And GS seemed to be attacking political correctness, rather than specific groups as such.

The thing is, most people who come to RVAF diets have to, of necessity, have a creative mind that usually rejects the mainstream notions.This is because they have to throw off millenia of prejudice against raw animal foods and this is extremely difficult unless one  has an inquiring mind and is a bit of a rebel.So one cannot expect everyone to have the exact same tolerances and intolerances as everyone else, and most people here seem to, anyway, have widely varying views from each other, as a direct result. There are plenty of things that I find objectionable about other members and I know they feel the same way towards me about some of my beliefs, but this is irrelevant in a forum that genuinely celebrates diversity.

Hmm, one obvious  exception:- no one should be allowed to promote anti-raw or anti-palaeo ideas except in the hot topics forum, as , otherwise, this forum would become a laughing-stock.Best to keep to the main subject but have other forums for those  who do not always want to discuss RVAF diets.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #355 on: July 25, 2015, 11:41:49 pm »
Hi Eve,

I will try to switch gears to something else.  Seems we have this big cultural difference on what appears to be funny. The vagina monologues was a funny discussion at our breakfast table this morning. You did not find it funny... oh well.

The usual disclaimer, I write in English here but I grew up in the Philippines, I live in the Philippines, and our everyday Tagalog language is not pre-occupied with the nuances you native English speakers have.

--------------

For example, P.C. people will prefer to say "gay" while I would prefer to say "homo".  Why?  Because "gay" = "happy" in Tagalog it is "masaya".  So it would be outright laughable and odd for a Filipino to call a homo "masaya" (happy)... when we have proper words for them which identify homos as either "bakla" (with penis) or "tomboy" (with vagina)... we don't have a reproductive organ neutral word that says "homo"

Plus "bakla" here in my country on TV is known for comedy, bars have "bakla" comedians... so we are used to laughing at their jokes and laughing at them.  No we do not beat them up. We have Ms. Gay Beauty Contests in every big town.  And no the bakla here don't get offended and sue everyone's ass off.

Or why P.C. people will call a retarded child a "special" child.  My 11 year old says at the dinner table, what is so special about that?  Common Tagalog is always direct to the point. No beating around the bush.

Or why P.C. people will be offended at being called "negro"... like what they did with one Filipino teacher in the USA, when our tagalog proper word for black people is indeed "negro" (pronounced with an "eh" for "nehgro".

I just read Hulk Hogan was being erased from WWE websites because he was judged as racist for saying "nigger" when the nehgros themselves keep saying "nigger" themselves.  I grew up loving the Hulkster!

So you are correct to point out when you find my jokes offensive because we are oceans apart and cultures and languages apart.
Sounds like diversity to me.

--------------

Filipino - English joke:

There was 1 Filipino and 1 foreigner inside an elevator.
The elevator opened and a 2nd Filipino came in and asked, "Bababa ba?"(Is it going down?)
The other Filipino replied "bababa"(It is going down).
The foreigner got so confused and asked the both of them, "Are you guys speaking in a real language?".

Ha ha ha! Minionese...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:21:28 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:31 am »
Eve, it's a bit unrealistic to expect a male head of household from a more traditional culture to have the same attitudes about these things as a bunch of middle-aged women from Northern California. That said, I agree that a lot of the very not-PC stuff here probably turns people from some backgrounds away from the forum and even the diet itself. But what can you do? It's the very same "live the hard truth and tell the hard truth" attitude that causes both the blunt non-PC behavior AND the willingness to try this diet. Polite, considerate people are MUCH less likely to try this diet.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 26, 2015, 02:13:06 am »
I'm very sensitive to both humorous and serious bashing of other people's race, religion, gender, sexual proclivities, etc. I cannot see that it leads to anything but hatred, distrust, and division. Because of that, I have a struggle of conscience being part of this forum when bashing occurs. I don't see what anybody gains by intolerance of others, and I think the whole world loses its peaceful possibilities when bashing occurs.

It's not a Northern California thing, it's a global thing. Here in NorCal, we have enough peace between cultures to make us realize that getting along is a good thing, and getting along starts with how we tolerate one another's differences.

As a polite, considerate person who follows a raw diet, I understand the male-predominant nature of this forum, and I have no complaint when I read testosterone-driven threads that do not pertain to me. However, I have to draw the line at "hating on" people who are different from me. Even if "those" people are not here, bashing behind someone's back leads to no good result.

"... what can I do?" Considering that I don't want my name, not even my internet nickname, associated with bashing, I can withdraw, leave the forum. I have a wealth of raw flesh information that I love to share with others on a raw diet. Does the forum want to lose my experience?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2015, 02:22:47 am »
We were not at all suggesting you were not welcome here, you are a very valuable member. The idea behind this thread was just  to release a bit of tension and make people smile. Obviously, not all humour can work and will sometimes offend people, but that is the nature of humour. If we start putting in rules, we sound too much  like the Soviet Union, which means  effectively banning all humour.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2015, 07:04:00 am »
We were not at all suggesting you were not welcome here, you are a very valuable member. The idea behind this thread was just  to release a bit of tension and make people smile. Obviously, not all humour can work and will sometimes offend people, but that is the nature of humour. If we start putting in rules, we sound too much  like the Soviet Union, which means  effectively banning all humour.

Indeed. I am pretty aware of issues relating to social justice, but restricting the ability to make a joke is a bit much. Social pressure is one thing. An absolute rule is another.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Give us a laugh ! The White House
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2015, 02:28:00 pm »
...after Trump wins the presidency.

:)

White House One Year After Donald Trumps' Election

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2015, 04:36:15 am »
Excellent. Thanks!

I am sure the Trump jokes will trump everything else he says but at least he will get free media time out of them unlike RP.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Give us a laugh ! Greece Crisis Musical
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:51 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jMviz4cymw

Greece Crisis, the musical (GREASE PARODY)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:14:55 am by goodsamaritan »
Cheers
Al

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2015, 02:16:07 am »
RARE TREAT

I stepped inside this restaurant,
knowing they specialized in RAW,
because I saw bloodstained menus,
as well as the tablecloths and floor.

Waiter staggered in with quarter Ox,
“What part would you like to try?”
I gave a gasp of sheer astonishment,
it was so raw I wanted to cry!

“You could try the Chicken,
if I could catch the blessed thing.
The farmer bred it with three legs
instead of an extra wing!”

“I fancy a big piece of Deer,”
at last I decided and replied.
“Well you cannot have my old dear,
though she is waiting just outside!”

“Do you want it with the antlers on,
because that is quite the best,
and will you want the innards intact
left deep inside the breast?”

I never thought I could ever find
a restaurant quite so ‘bloody’ good,
but suddenly woke up to find
my face had fallen in my pud.

FH Bond  27 July 2015.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:31 am »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2015, 06:35:38 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZ0ZUy7P3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZ0ZUy7P3E

This is a challenge to fellow intelligent raw paleo dieters.  We need more intentional intelligent reproducers. Those so called intelligent IQ 140 in the movie were not smart enough to turn on their reproductive instincts.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 07, 2015, 10:38:39 pm »
Russell brand in the zone bring a hilarious crazy genius

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U_E-n0fw99g

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 07, 2015, 11:29:08 pm »
Why did the boy drop his ice cream? 
Because he was hit by a bus.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #369 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:44 pm »
Premier parking next to the elevators for all female drivers at the Makati Shangri La, Philippines

"Please don't tell me they are extra wide spaces..."

"Yes they are actually wider as well."

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:27 am »
Are all the barriers covered in soft fur?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Give us a laugh ! Women's 5 deadly words.
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2015, 10:32:07 pm »
...And men who are mature enough will not accept this kind of disrespect.

Some are young men in this forum so read, learn and do not let this disrespect pass... ever.

At first glance this seems funny... among beta males... but with alpha males... no way.

For you beta males to understand from an alpha's point of view... imagine your teenage daughter doing this to you.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2015, 03:38:28 am »
If a women uses these terms it is wise to give her a wide berth…. Similar to males except that a guy is less subtle about his being upset… ;)

Kind of like the old saw about;

Guys call each other bad names like a**hole etc, but they are not worried because they know they are just kidding,
and women call each other nice names, but they are not worried because they know they are just kidding…

Now before the PC patrol starts into a rant, realize this is humour. No speeches pulleese!!!!
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 14, 2015, 02:13:09 am »
I noticed my Ex would always say "whatever" in situations when she knew I was in the right, but did not care or just didn't want to talk about it. It was often used to be dismissive of any valid point I was attempting to make.

Then then I began to joke with her about it and whenever she said whatever to me for any reason , I responded " you always say whatever when I am right" and almost every time she would smirk because she knew it was true.

Not to make it seem like women are the only ones who use one word retorts to end arguments, I always liked the term "Oh Really" said in a slightly sarcastic mammor... Its something I often used when confronted by people who insisted I take something seriously, which was little personal interest to me... My work foreman noticed I said it so much he started mocking it comically.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:00:14 am by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2015, 04:00:19 am »
ST,
Maybe someone should create a dictionary of wisecracks, retorts, (predictable and unique to certain populations)  and other human frailties, with a section that describes the typical gender of the user etc.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk