Author Topic: Vague question  (Read 35078 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Vague question
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 08:19:53 am »
Congrats Sabertooth!
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2013, 09:59:45 am »
Absolutely, congrats from me too.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 11:42:20 am »
basically what everyone is trying to say is that the only true way to become a success is through pole dancing and slaughtering....haha sabertooth is truly a beast

but tyler you seem willing to consider anything, I wonder what you would wish for if you could just imagine up a job that would suit you to a t.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 12:48:11 pm »
My imagination has sadly disappeared. Ah well, I'm off on holiday. Keep coming up with suggestions, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Amurti

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 09:45:04 pm »
How about opening a raw paleo cafe/restaurant or just join one of them?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2013, 11:30:50 pm »
How about opening a raw paleo cafe/restaurant or just join one of them?
Restaurants are notoriously prone to failure. Getting a bank loan to start one up is also a rather unlikely prospect.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »
you could sit on your bum all day, smoking crack and living off of government assistance programs.

that's what americans do who lack the motivation to try something "out of the box".     ;)
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2013, 12:58:32 am »
you could sit on your bum all day, smoking crack and living off of government assistance programs.

that's what americans do who lack the motivation to try something "out of the box".     ;)

Look, if I followed some of the new-age guff that people have spouted re "following your dream", "thinking out of the box" etc., then I suppose I would become a rawpaleodiet guru. Trouble is that I am a realist and know I have the "charisma" of Ebenezer Scrooge, and am too honest and not greedy enough. Still, it's a nice idea in fantasy land... start  a cult  like L Ron Hubbard, tell everyone that they need to be rawpalaeo in order to be saved, promise them salvation/perfect health as long as their money rolls in.. etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2013, 01:15:34 am »
Hmm, I have actually been considering the consumption of psylocibin as a drug. No idea where to get it as the poster who mentioned it did not elaborate. Who knows? Maybe I will hallucinate a new job-idea that is workable.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2013, 01:31:32 am »
Hmm, I have actually been considering the consumption of psylocibin as a drug. No idea where to get it as the poster who mentioned it did not elaborate. Who knows? Maybe I will hallucinate a new job-idea that is workable.

Actually, that is how it works. Whether you need to enhance your imagination with hallucinogens or not, you need to come up with the idea and the adjustments that will make it work. After all, Ebeneezer Scrooge was gainfully employed, despite his personality. And, if a part of your personality is standing in the way of your desired career, change your personality. Or, try some things and fail at them. Oh, and while you're at it, stop being so angry at your brother - your anger is creating stagnation.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 01:33:55 am »

now you're on to something!     ;)

try starting, here:
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/health/study-magic-mushrooms-repair-brain-damage-from-extreme-trauma/
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2013, 02:17:10 am »
Well, this thread didn't lead anywhere, sadly. I do appreciate the more useful points made. I just wish that I could just search online and find a usable startup/self-employed idea after a short while . Just selling "anything" online is way too vague a concept re a viable, profitable job.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:02 am »
I have one or two unlikely ideas, one of which might work(after a long while of  job retraining). I just wish I had a dozen other options open as well.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2013, 02:25:52 am »
it's difficult re avoiding anger with my brother. He's a real sociopath and has harmed me in a number of ways.

Change personality? Sort of like changing lead into gold, really.

Hmm, keep trying and failing... Sounds fine except I need a lot more ideas to do that. So far, I have had a dozen ideas but most turned out to be a waste of time even before I tried to get them started.

I just wish there was some searchable stuff re self-employed jobs for those with poor social skills. The few items I have found were jokes, not really serious at all, with obviously no research done.

" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2013, 02:47:43 am »
Take one of those "job inventories" that ask you a bazillion questions and return a list of suitable job titles. While this won't tell you what to do, it will provide food for thought.

P.S. You don't HAVE TO be angry at someone just because they are a sociopath. You can take the attitude that it's the other person's problem, and move on.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2013, 03:54:38 am »
Oh, you mean career planning assessments/job aptitude assessments? I've done those recently  but they lead nowhere, usually citing jobs that require years of study/retraining to do. Thanks, though, for the idea. I appreciate any info provided. Hmm, maybe one last try at such tests..... one never knows.

Just did one. Labelled me a thinker and gave me tons of job suggestions requiring 4 year college degrees like archaeologist etc., many of which really require a PHD as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:30:03 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:51 am »
Let's say you hate your current job, and want to change careers into something wholly different. Let's say that any extra retraining ought to take no more than one year or so, and the new career is  a better-paying one than the one before. What career would you choose? I'd like to have some suggestions from any of you.
I guess it depends on your current job. But web development/design is something you could easily master in a year, and at the moment it is seriously overpaid for the little time you invest to get good at it. You can easily build a whole portfolio and good online visibility (blogs, github, etc.) in a year and you're good to go. I think for pretty much anything else either you need to be highly skilled (many years of training and experience) or there's already some robot replacing you.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2013, 04:31:32 am »
you can grow them,  you can hunt them, you can visit places where they are legal to consume

I would suggest doing all three.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2013, 05:06:17 am »
When I had to stop working as a truck driver because I became allergic to the exhaust gases (in most such jobs, drivers sometimes have to keep the engine idling to drive some sort of ancillaries or get compressed air, for example to raise the pneumatic suspension to load a container), I wanted to learn to properly use a PC and the “Word” software to typewrite the book I was writing. The unemployment scheme was paying for such lessons if they found it useful for someone to find a new job. But the guy in charge told me that, yes, he could register me for such a course but first I would have to follow another course  in which it will be determined what kind of new job was suitable for me. I was reluctant because I though this tutorial would prove to be a useless joke. But I followed it anyway in view to get the next one about how to use “Word”.

During this course, we had to reply to an interminable and intricate list of question on a printed document of several pages. This was analyzed by a software…. which found out that I could be either a university teacher ( ;) LOL!) or a technical writer on automotive technology. I laughed at the first suggestion but I said, yes, I might do the second thing. They taught us how to properly make job offers and we had to do one as an exercise. As it was done, printed and anyway ready to be sent, I sent it to the only media in Switzerland which is publishing sometimes such stuff. To my utmost surprise, they answered positively, we met and they agreed to publish my articles. It was an experience which didn’t last long, but I learned the job in practice and one and half year later was offered another job which I still do now.

I laughed again when I learned that the school of mechanical engineering of my home town which fired me when I was 17 (because I was always ill) is now a subscriber to  our publication and its profs congratulated my colleague and I for the quality of our work. Thus I got a little revenge!  ;)

You may get yours in the same way, just do what you like and want to do, what you can excel in.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:36:02 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2013, 05:33:27 am »
you can grow them,  you can hunt them, you can visit places where they are legal to consume

I would suggest doing all three.
In my current country, you can grow them and buy the seeds, but can't buy them in processed form, sadly, it seems. I suppose one can grow them in a flat, on a window-sill or whatever? I'll have to check the dosage and start small. Are there any nasty side-effects if I eat the mushroom, other than the hallucinations. Well, from what I've just read, I stand little chance of becoming an addicted  dope-fiend from magic mushrooms, that's something at least.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:51 am »
Thanks Iguana, it's exactly that sort of personal experience info that helps give me a wider experience of the world of work. Pity I can't get anything out of such tests, though.

Anyone have  any startup tips re self-employment that don't require massive financial investment?  Wasn't there someone here once who claimed that he earned more than half a million dollars a year on my one income-survey of rawpaleoforum members? Maybe  he/she could suggest a legitimate  get-rich-quick scheme  of some sort?!! OK, I'm just reaching, here.  -[

Sadly, my honesty is ruining my career prospects. I can think of two other instances where I could make lots of cash. One guy, for example, used to write ads in the UK's Private Eye magazine, promising a way to make more money. A couple wrote back and got a dirty letter a month later, stating, humorously, that the best way to get rich quick was to post an ad guaranteeing money-making opportunities in return for a small cash-advance. Another guy I once actually knew  :o  was a notorious  charismatic con-man who fleeced  suckers left right and centre of hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, and has always gotten away with it, leaving foreign banks with huge debts and defrauding multitudes - he even managed to defraud me of a sizeable sum. Whatever one might think of such "careers", at least they don't require anything in the way of a certificate or retraining!  ;D :D
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2013, 05:52:23 am »
Web developer sounds better than web designer, I think? Well, if I can do that freelance and still get paid without needing a 3 year course at university etc., it's worth it. I am finally getting a new PC, not this aged Mac, so I should be able to do something re programming unless other job-options interfere.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2013, 06:14:52 am »
it seems the more suggestions you humor, the less likely you are to find an answer.  instead of asking the forum, you should just ask yourself, since this is where the answer needs to come from.

i also think you've mistaken yourself as being a "realist".  the only thing you've replied with in this thread is "negativity".  you've shot down every suggestion without making an effort to succeed.  a realist would look at a situation, analyze it, and then figure out how to make it work.  i've read some of your articles regarding nutrition and diet.  they're quite good.  it's obvious you put a lot of thought and effort into this area.  run with that, and figure out how to be a "rawpaleodiet guru".  get the accreditation you need, and start working with people on a personal consultation type basis, whether in person or online.  like a personal trainer for people who want to exercise, you can help guide and motivate people to live more healthy and eat better.  go food shopping with them and help them make smart choices.  don't just sit there and tell everyone why you can't do it, start to figure out how.  eat some mushrooms and stare at the bathroom sink.  then, forgive your brother and move on with your life.  pursue happiness, don't come up with excuses why you can't.  and if you need further schooling, do it.  my great-aunt graduated college in her 70's.  she would be disappointed in you for not trying to further yourself.

i'm done here.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2013, 06:42:21 am »
Well, that was rather harsh and unhelpful.  I  was using humour because I am not in a good situation,  I was not intending to mock anyone, and am actually very grateful for any suggestions, whatever they may be. The fact that I shot many(by no means all) of them down due to some knowledge of my own limitations or circumstances or whatever, is not "negative" at all. I am perfectly well aware that I need many dozens of different ideas - of those, some will be  wholly ill-suited for me given my current situation/abilities etc., others will not work because they require something I cannot give due to time-constraints/lack of cash,  still others may not even be viable in the current economic climate etc., with perhaps only a dozen or so ideas out of 100s  likely being worth me investing a lot of time and effort in. That's why I am so grateful for any ideas, as even bad ones are useful in that they close some unnecessary paths/career-options and maybe even open up other possibilities to explore, at the same time.

Being a rawpaleodiet guru requires rather more than I've got, such as Aajonus's charisma-levels etc. I can do a rawpaleodiet e-book, and will indeed do it when I have my new PC soon, but in my current country, there are precious few rawists, let alone RPDers for an audience, and I've been told that one needs to be a doctor here to be able to qualify as a nutritionist/diet-guru. Come to think of it, even homeopaths and the like need to be doctors. Silly rule, but there it is.....
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2013, 08:22:45 am »
Actually, that is how it works. Whether you need to enhance your imagination with hallucinogens or not, you need to come up with the idea and the adjustments that will make it work. After all, Ebeneezer Scrooge was gainfully employed, despite his personality. And, if a part of your personality is standing in the way of your desired career, change your personality. Or, try some things and fail at them. Oh, and while you're at it, stop being so angry at your brother - your anger is creating stagnation.

precisely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk