Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147028 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 02:04:22 pm »
But it's still artificial and less optimal from complete darkness in the same way as cooked is compared to raw food.

The sun is also made from fire... fire is a natural light. There are naturally occuring fires all over the world.

If you still choose to believe candles are unhealthy light then easy, you could just stay in total darkness if you like in the evening. Very optimal. I choose not to because I feel fire is fine.. I feel very different from it than anything man made.. heat wise and light wise both - and I feel the candle light is so much better than any lamps!

Do you have any experiense to share, benefits of you avoiding also candles and staying in total darkness after sunset? I would be intrested to know about it!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »
Adora thank you for the tips! I have not made own lamps yet, maybe I will! I am not using candles yet eather, it is still light enough up here..
I buy beewax candles only when I have the money, they are very expensive here. But I would love to use only them! Food comes first though...
The icepacks.. I guess they are fine everywhere. I just put them under my head because I like how it feels. I could try the forehead too! I think it is great to ice the carotid arteries too! They bring fresh blood to the brain and if you ice them it will cool the brain too. That is what I did yesterday. Felt nice!
Facedunks do not give me any headache ever. And no other problems. Just makes me feel very fresh starting the day!
You do great I think Adora, with what you do! I am doing quite small steps too! Nothing major, just tiny things but every day.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
OK I thought for record I will post these pics here too, in my journal (I posted them somewhere but I do not know where anymore..).
The first pic is me eating a ketogenic rawpaleodiet, and the second one following the Kruse protocol also Ketogenic but in addition the other things like CT, candles at night etc. I weigh the same in both pictures. I do not exercise. But still I think you can clearly see my body comp is improving.

I like my skin better now too!
It is amazing for me how only following the circadian rhythms and doing cold baths can change me. Because these are very easy things to do! To start exercising a lot is much more time consuming and stressing..

My breasts have gotten smaller though.. and they was not big to begin with. But I will take that.
I rather have healthy small breasts than big swollen estrogen-collectors.. and maybe breast cancer one day...

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 05:12:00 pm »
My point was that until we learned to make and control fire, there were no candles, no fire, no other light besides the moon in the night, no cooking, etc. I thought this is one of the arguments for raw paleo, that evolutionary we haven't fully adapted to cooked food yet. And artificial light from candles or wood or whatever, is just as new as cooked food. But if you say we have adapted to candles and even benefit from it and fire light, I have nothing against. I was just making this parallel..
I don't have any experience with reading by candles or avoiding artificial light in the dark.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 06:45:20 pm »
You make kind of funny paralells IMHO aLpt.... LOL
To each their own. It would be intresting to know how you live... ;-)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »
Hi Inger,

aLptHW4k4y makes an absolutely logical point. Natural fires are not used for lighting and the sun’s nuclear fire isn’t visible at night, except in boreal summers.

Candle use linked to cancer risk

Experts say rooms should be ventilated when burning candles

Candle-lit dinners may be romantic, but researchers are warning they could be harmful to health. South Carolina State University experts analysed the fumes released by burning candles in lab tests. They found paraffin wax candles gave off harmful fumes linked to lung cancer and asthma - but admitted it would take many years' use to risk health.

Why are you ponting this out Francois? What value do it bring you...?!
We all know raw is better, that is why this is a raw paleo forum, period. It does not make the other excellent points Jack makes, without value. But these you do not see, do you?

I didn’t check what this guy states, I do not care about all the various gurus advising this or that because they are somehow like doing astrophysics with Aristote's physics. There is a scientific revolution affecting our ways of thinking and since we have been noticed of it, we should take it into account. This guy doesn’t. 

Is it clear for all how a non-optimal brain functions? Just like that. It is sad. People need to see the things that brings them further!!! And there is no such person that have it ALL right. Not Jack Kruse, not Francois, not Inger.

I see plenty of people with really suboptimal brain functions, certainly myself too ! We can’t have all right as long as we affirm things, but we can’t be wrong when we ask questions and acknowledge that we don’t know!  ;)

For me it is crystal clear that artificial ligts in the wrong time of the day are so not good for us. And keep it warm all time, when it is not really, like in winter. And to eat that what grows wild where we live, isn't that very logical and right?

It depends where we live. Technology (use of fire and derivatives) has allowed the human kind to thrive everywhere on the planet; some guys have been living for months in submarines, some have even been in space and on the moon. Should they have eaten what grows there?  -\

How many people (instinctos included) have not gotten problems from huge consumption of fruit year round? It is not only about raw! It is so much more!

Of course, there’s not only the problem of cooking and heating the food, but also that of the domestication of animals, their artificial selection as well as that of cereals and fruits - not to speak about the ways of living and other environmental factors. I don’t know anyone who has “gotten problems from a huge consumption of fruits year round”, but you probably know more people than me. By the way, in the “instincto” literature and seminars it has been repeatedly advised to eat a minimum of fruits, a maximum of veggies and to beware of the most artificially selected fruits - as far as plant foods are concerned.

Cheers,
François
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:17:42 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
Thank you Francois for your detailed aswer.  :)
Are you living without lights too, Francois? I sure would too... if it was more practical.. so far candles in the night have been a huge transition for me. I am not so far as you yet..
I think I need to not worry about candles hurting me.. I have windows and doors wide open always. And use them very little anyway. But thank you for the reminder!  :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »
Oh.. Francois. Just one more thing, I forgot to say. Jack is not a guru.
He tells everyone to question him. And when someone do he is always polite and also changes his mind as time pass by. Like.. he is in developement. I like this. First he spoke nothing of raw.. now he is all of a sudden a huge fan.  :) He writes about viruses and bacterias, how incredible important they are for us, for our epigenetics.. they are the most importabnt tool! And they die by cooking, viruses too! He tells it is so important to eat raw too! That we possible got to be human from apes through a virus! That is crazy.
I cannot tell how exited I am about alI I got to know about through his sites!

Imagine how bad people are off these times when everyone fears bacterias and viruses so much.. uh!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »
Congratulations for looking better than 99% of the women in Australia...

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »
You make kind of funny paralells IMHO aLpt.... LOL
Ok at least funny is still better than bad.. :)
Imagine how bad people are off these times when everyone fears bacterias and viruses so much.. uh!
Rightly so in my opinion, most people's immune systems are so detrained because we live in isolated, pasteurized, sterilized environments, so pathogens could easily cause harm. Plus when people get even the smallest infection they immediately go to antibiotics or similar medications, rather than letting the immune system handle it, which further increases vulnerability.
Raw food diet helps a bit as your immune system is more often challenged and you're much more used and resistant to bacteria and parasites.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:21 pm »
Ok then, Inger ! Good to know that some people can change their stance and adapt it to new knowledge.

Raw food diet helps a bit as your immune system is more often challenged and you're much more used and resistant to bacteria and parasites.
This is a real understatement! All the virus and bacterias we have experienced so far since the 60's are our friends : they are here to set a detox, which remains benign as long as the kind of abnormal molecules being expelled from the body are not simultaneously reintroduced by the meals.

The question remains open for parasites: some can still be dangerous and we should absolutely avoid meat from animals badly fed or living in a polluted environment. Malaria (especially falciparum) remains deadly, either.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:40:11 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »
This is a real understatement! All the virus and bacterias we have experienced so far since the 60's are our friends : they are here to set a detox, which remains benign as long as the kind of abnormal molecules being expelled from the body are not simultaneously reintroduced by the meals.
I like to believe they are here to eat, prosper, reproduce, i.e. the goal of every living organism. Sometimes there's too much collateral damage (e.g. malaria..), sometimes there's just a small detox as you said, e.g. fever or similar. But usually it's in their interest to keep you (the host) alive and well function for as long as possible, their goal is to eat, stay alive (defend from the immune system) and spread to other hosts, not attack you and cause you harm. Only we humans can get evil and greedy if you ask me..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:02:26 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 11:01:06 pm »
http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggvirus.html
 A NEW THEORETICAL MODEL OF VIRAL PHENOMENIA
 by Guy-Claude Burger

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:23 am »
The viruses and bacteria involved in the genesis of most so-called infectious diseases are regarded as vectors and partners in genetically encoded symbiotic processes, so as to help the body clear molecules alien to organic function inside actual cells.

It's a weak theory, which may explain why it's not widely accepted. It should work in all cases, or say exactly in which it works or doesn't. According to the theory, the body obviously benefits from most viruses and bacteria, but how do they benefit from helping the body? Might be a pure coincidence, a side-effect that these bad molecules are cleared up in the effort of fighting the virus itself. I can not imagine that the body doesn't have the mechanisms to do this cleanup itself, but needs help from 3rd party organisms. I could accept that now we constantly face novel toxins, from cooking, industry, etc. so maybe this would make sense, but what about a million years ago? There were certainly viruses and bacteria back then as well how were they helping if we were already doing all natural, wild instincto?

Anyway, let's not hijack the thread, which is about hormone optimization :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:40:50 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 04:13:40 am »

aLptHW4k4y makes an absolutely logical point.

we use logic much like we use money, its kind of a mutual masterbation of the imagination.........

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 05:22:37 am »
Jessica I love that. ;)
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »

we use logic much like we use money, its kind of a mutual masterbation of the imagination.........
???
Yeah, I guess I should stop spending time writing stupid, meaningless logical nonsense on this forum and concentrate instead on optimizing my hormones. After all, it’s probably because they don’t optimize their hormones that so many animal species disappear or are on the verge of extinction on this planet.  ;)

Also I should seriously reconsider the strong Pasteur’s and current medical theories about bacteria and viruses as being, contrary to what I thought, the ultimate and final truth. Of course, non-really-living things such as viruses must think “how do they benefit from helping the body”. LOL!  ;D

Have a good day, folks! 
François
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:03:10 pm by Iguana »

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:06 am »
Iguana I didn't get that from Jessica.
For the record, I meant it is good to be in our body's authentic experience. That's the gold nugget, better than somebody else's logic  from some other time and place. Imagination is a fantastic way to look at it all too. It keeps us in perspective and out of dogmatic/fixed thinking.
   The money reference is also perspective, because we are caught up in the importance of an imaginary, or at least arbitrary concept.
   Masturbation because we pleasure ourselves with the idea that they are fixed and dependable

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:07:32 pm by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:19 pm »
Sorry, being a speaker of a foreign mother language, I sometimes fail to grab English subtleties.
(In this case I still have trouble understanding clearly what Jessica and you mean  -\)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:07:15 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 12:44:36 am »
Sorry, being a speaker of a foreign mother language, I sometimes fail to grab English subtleties.
(In this case I still have trouble understanding clearly what Jessica and you mean  -\)

Same here  :(  But I am curious to know now  :D

It is a bit harder to function with a candle than an electric light, which trains you to do less stuff after dark. You learn to limit your activities and blow the candle out earlier.
     A big key to reading by candle light is to have the light about 45degrees behind you and eye level. Also, light walls will reflect more light. I lived without electric, by choice on two occasions for months at a time. I love it. Candles take the "hectic" out of life.
That is a bummer, because I am most active after dark. That is when my son sleeps and I get to sew or knit, for which I need some artificial light.
I don't notice any negative effects from it though...or maybe I am just oblivious to it? ^^
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 02:36:49 am »
What about an oil lamp with a wide wick. That would be fire and put out decient light. Spend a night with candles and see how different you feel. Do it again as the night grows long and you have more exposure to artificial. I notice it immediately. If you are task focused it is pure fusteration. I've been up packing and using artificial light. I have an irritation with it. I can smile and be happy but when the light goes off there is a relief. I also, have a harder time shutting artificial light off to go to bed like an over tired infant, I fight it. Candle light soothes me into sleep. This is all subtle. I'm just emphasizing to make the point.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »
Same here  :(  But I am curious to know now  :D
That is a bummer, because I am most active after dark. That is when my son sleeps and I get to sew or knit, for which I need some artificial light.
I don't notice any negative effects from it though...or maybe I am just oblivious to it? ^^

Suiren, what I read i the forums, you do have a lot of health-complications still?
Often we do not get immediate "pain" from things we do wrong. It goes very slowly in the wrong direction and destroys or hormone-panels and glands gradually. It is not only food that matters. Light cycles matters as much and also seasonal temperatures. Nature is as it is for a reason... Or why are we aiming to eat our food in as a natural state as possible after all?

Adora, oil lamps are a very nice option! I have not used any candles still, and I guess I need them in one month maybe, but then I will do oil-lamps! They do not smoke the same way eather! Cool.

I have not much time for internet, it is summer still.
I was visiting my doc and Thursday I will get blood drawn for a lots of different things.
I will measure;
Testosterone
Progesterone
Estradiol
DHEA
Vit D
Vit B12 (because of parasites - if it less the I know I might have an issue, it was very good last year)
Cholesterol
CRP
and the regular bloodwork they always do.

This will all be scientific because I will do the same labs in spring. No guessing here, I want to test that is the only way to really know how something is working.
I wish more members would do this and post their results (many thanks to Lex and Sabertooth any other member who go this path too), it could be a very scientific forum then and so much countable! It will cost a little, but I think it is so much worth it!

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 03:19:36 pm »
Congratulations for looking better than 99% of the women in Australia...

Thanks Wodgina. :-* I still have lots of improvement to do. But yes, people look quite sick these days here when you look around, too. It is sad. I guess the last 20 years have done something bad to people. Where are the manly men, the healthy ones, I just do not see them. I just do not.  -[

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »
???
Yeah, I guess I should stop spending time writing stupid, meaningless logical nonsense on this forum and concentrate instead on optimizing my hormones.

Yes...!!! Francois, that is a great idea...! Welcome to the club!   :-*
Would you do the labs too? That would be so exiting to compare our results in spring!!! Can you do cold thermogenesis where you live, like go swim in the ocean or stuff?  :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »
Today morning, before taking my morning-dip in the river;

With webcam wich is not the best quality, so you cannot see all my wrinkles.. lol
But I like how my skin is starting to get with the protocol... :) (sorry I did not made my hair yet)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk