Author Topic: Inger's healing journey  (Read 147096 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Inger's healing journey
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2012, 12:30:08 am »
Somehow that doesn't sound right in English from my point of view.  It may sound sexy from a French point of view.
Ok, any better suggestion? Leave it as is?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2012, 02:05:57 am »

I would probably let the native english speakers give their opinions.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2012, 05:06:29 am »
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. The title is correct as it is

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:34 am »
My only idea would be to change the title into "the effect of X on hormones" in case everyone feels like this one does not describe it well?

Yeah, but even according to that Bullshit-M-I, your weight is about all right... thus taking into account your bone structure, it is the absolute perfection  :D So if someone has a harsh comment, you can reply "sorry to tell you, but you seem to be jealous of my perfect proportions since you're obese and extremely ugly!"   :)

Haha, I might end up dead if I do that  :P
It is funny how people tend to get so offended though when someones comments about their heavy weight, yet they feel it is right to say the most cruel things to someone who is thin.  -\

Adora
You don't look heavy!  :o Not sure if people are jealous or just try to find a weakness and say something mean to feel better about themselves. I get criticism about a lot of things and have always shunned regular jobs because of it.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline miriam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »
Hi Inger

I’ve been eating raw meat for 2 years and I remember you mention Dr Jack Kruse in February  so I follow the link and after reading his post for a few days I started his protocol in March.

I’m LR so losing weight is not easy I’ve a leaky gut and constipation it was chronic, so I though I’ll have a go even though the cold bath didn’t appeal to me and I never thought I will be able to put ice on my body. However now after 6 month I can tolerate for 40 minutes.   

At the beginning when I did the face dunk I did get a headache then I started eating fish and the headache went then I realize I needed fish as omega 3.

My constipation is getting better and I think I’m healing my gut which is great and I’ve no more craving I can eat 2 meals a day without any problem before even eating raw meat and fat I was hungry after a few hours.

I can eat onions, garlic, my own cider vinegar, coconut oil.

I’m still long way to go but my ultimate goal is to heal my hormones. I’m having some test done this week like saliva cortisol.   

So thanks Inger for mentioning Dr Kruse I’m always open to new ideas trying to heal my body of all the abuse which I did unknowingly did.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »

I've been eating lots of seaweed and it causes a little gas/bloating. Soaking it for days helps. I drink the water from the soaks. At first it was unpleasant, but now I love it. I hope my intestines will adapt soon, because I love the taste of them all.

Some seaweeds just don't work well raw.  I wouldn't force it.  Nori/laver and dulse are the most common ones that are easy to digest raw.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2012, 07:38:30 pm »
Inger I will try whole mackerel again tonight. Thanks for talking me through it. I'll inspect the organ's diligently for signs of parasites/disease before I eat them. Did you ever find worms is an otherwise healthy ocean fish with nice eyes and scales? Some fish parasites can't live in us so, maybe their destruction mildly symptomatic.
     I've been eating lots of seaweed and it causes a little gas/bloating. Soaking it for days helps. I drink the water from the soaks. At first it was unpleasant, but now I love it. I hope my intestines will adapt soon, because I love the taste of them all.

Adora, the infected fish looked healthy at the outside. I have been eating many of the Anisakiasis-infected mackerels already. Last times they were all infected to some degree. But I do leave the intestines and such. I do the head and the meat and the skin. And maybe the liver too.
I would be careful with worms if my digestion was not good though...

I love seaweed too now Adora! I eat them every day. I do think they are strong detoxers as I have a feeling I get little bad skin if I eat too much? A few pimples and such? I am not sure it is from the seaweed but I think so.

I make the water now too, cold fresh water and add some raw dried seaweed to it and let it stay in room temperature. Nice, little salty but very nice! This must be really healthy I guess.  :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2012, 07:44:20 pm »
Hi Inger

I’ve been eating raw meat for 2 years and I remember you mention Dr Jack Kruse in February  so I follow the link and after reading his post for a few days I started his protocol in March.

I’m LR so losing weight is not easy I’ve a leaky gut and constipation it was chronic, so I though I’ll have a go even though the cold bath didn’t appeal to me and I never thought I will be able to put ice on my body. However now after 6 month I can tolerate for 40 minutes.   

At the beginning when I did the face dunk I did get a headache then I started eating fish and the headache went then I realize I needed fish as omega 3.

My constipation is getting better and I think I’m healing my gut which is great and I’ve no more craving I can eat 2 meals a day without any problem before even eating raw meat and fat I was hungry after a few hours.

I can eat onions, garlic, my own cider vinegar, coconut oil.

I’m still long way to go but my ultimate goal is to heal my hormones. I’m having some test done this week like saliva cortisol.   

So thanks Inger for mentioning Dr Kruse I’m always open to new ideas trying to heal my body of all the abuse which I did unknowingly did.

Miriam, I love this!!!  :)
I abused my body too, but I did not know eather! That is so exiting to get knowledge all the time to bring us further on the path to Optimal.  :) Sometimes the path takes us somewhere we could not ever believe...! I need to keep my mind open always, to the truth. That is such an exiting way to live for sure.
And ah.. sometimes it is darn hard.

Sure we need to be very patient. What took 35 years to destroy do not get fixed in a week or two for sure.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2012, 08:10:11 pm »
So, it goes even more strict.
The Doc says.. all fake light is bad.
Now.. how do I put this into action?! Not easy. I already quit all jobs that are late.. I take only day jobs from now on.

I need to be even less on my computer.. uh. There is so much to learn and read. I need to find a good balance though. Outcome= more good than bad. I am sure I will figure it out. Fake light at daytime are not good eather. That is what stays in my German Sun-book. Fake light is always bad, there are only degrees from worse to less worse. Candles are less worse.

Water in the river is 57 degree F these days. It is nice and refreshing. I just swim 100 m every morning, not that much but I love it.
I cannot wait for it going colder though..! I recognise I do not like warm water anymore. I was in the train on my way to work and used the "lady's room" and washed my hands after and the water was too warm. It felt so not good.

This weekend I should get my labs. I am so exited, I cannot wait. I guess my hormones are messed up quite a lot. It was expensive too.. My brother was doing the same labs in Norway last week and it costed him only 10 €..! I wish I lived there, I would run labs every week... lol
Now it is going to be fun to compare our labs as he visit me in two weeks.  :) He is always in with new ideas, and loves to get to optimal too!

I am making me seaweed-water these days, always have a can full on the counter. I like the taste, slightly salty but nice!
I had live oysters the other day and it was too nice.. wish I had more money to buy these... I would eat them every single day. But one costs 2,50 €. So until I have paid my bloodwork it will be not too many of them. They were farmed though. I wonder if farmed oysters are still very healthy? Like the mussels? Or are there anything to be aware of? AFAK they do not feed them anything they just stay in the sea water? I wonder about this...

I was thinking about doing one week seafood only. I think that would be great.

I have been drinking mackerel-head-smoothies for days on the row now. Man they makes me feel great!!!!
I also am eating at least one dirty carrot from the yard every day, with real dirt on it. For my gut microbiota. Jack says we need to eat dirt.  ;) Tastes great our carrots. I am not the fan of vegetables and eat them rarely, but I guess I will eat more of them now when in season! Just to get some dirt in. :)

I did a pull up. I have not tried for so long and wondered if I am able to do one and I was. Cool. I did only one though. Maybe I do one once in a while and then all of a sudden I can do two?  I just might not need more muscles right now I am already looking muscular that one of my brothers commented on it yesterday.. and I want to rather look like a woman though. I wonder if my testosterone is high or something. Soon I will know...

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2012, 08:21:23 pm »
Inger, what about improving this title into "Let me hormones self-optimize";)  It's your choice anyway, just a suggestion.

LOL.. Iguana I find your suggestion just great! But should it not read; "letting my hormones self-optimize"...?
My English is so not good so I need help, if looks good or not. I would gladly change the title if I just get some help to get the spelling and the message right..
I see your point in letting the nature / my body do it, when I just follow its rules.
Or it could be.. hormonal health.. or the path to optimal... or anything. You think the title as it is now is a bit misleading do you, Francois?
Uh I am a bit lazy when it comes to spelling and such.. I just am too spontaneous and then have no time to think too much about how it looks or something..

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »
Yeah, you found the way, I think. I wasn't very satisfied with my suggested title, but "letting my hormones self-optimize" sounds much better to me  :) ! Yes, I find the current title somewhat misleading.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2012, 09:38:13 pm »
So, it goes even more strict.
The Doc says.. all fake light is bad.
Now.. how do I put this into action?! Not easy. I already quit all jobs that are late.. I take only day jobs from now on.

I need to be even less on my computer.. uh. There is so much to learn and read. I need to find a good balance though. Outcome= more good than bad. I am sure I will figure it out. Fake light at daytime are not good eather. That is what stays in my German Sun-book. Fake light is always bad, there are only degrees from worse to less worse. Candles are less worse.

Oh wow. Is there any study the doctor is referring to? It would be interesting to read.
I won't be able to follow a strict regimen like this, since I work after 10PM, also on the computer to some degree.
I will definitively have the lights low as always though!

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24:46 am »
Inger, do not forget to share the results of yr labs here. You are quit long time on the paleo...
Suiren, there is dr. Cruse's site with tonns of info and links to the sources of his ideas http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/ this specific one is about seafood paleo for the brain inflammation (but it is good for anybody).

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 01:46:48 am »
I lived with candles and a few helpful items are;
Taper candles because taller candles throw more light.
Candle holders with a finger hold and a wide base to catch the drips.
A glass hurricane or lantern for walking outside in the wind
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2012, 03:27:57 am »
Suiren, there is dr. Cruse's site with tonns of info and links to the sources of his ideas http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-6-epi-paleo-rx/ this specific one is about seafood paleo for the brain inflammation (but it is good for anybody).

Thank you, I will have a look at that!  :D

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:35 am »

I love seaweed too now Adora! I eat them every day. I do think they are strong detoxers as I have a feeling I get little bad skin if I eat too much? A few pimples and such? I am not sure it is from the seaweed but I think so.

do you think the pimples are just your body saying, "yes you have had too much seaweed" and detoxing the extra minerals and perhaps its reaction to the seaweed via the skin?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2012, 06:53:16 am »
The SCD specific carbohydrate diet suggests that seaweed has compounds that are difficult to digest and should not be eaten ! ?

Maybe I could try fermenting it, as I seem to be experimenting with fermenting everything else  l)

I loved Aajonus Vonderplanitz on youtube with raw and rotten meats - so much of our culture is anti-life NOVEL-CHEMICAL propaganda - I was going to say RUBBISH, but then realised that actually organic rubbish is great and novel chemicals suck!

From this site I have stopped using chemical scented products and am trying old llama poo as under arm culture enhancer  -d Experiment - do the microbes in llama poo create a more well rounded personal chemical inter-organism communications? I am also peeing on my feet and walking in llama and chicken poo to see if it heals my cracked up feet.

Inger, how about your goal be to live life as your most alive self?
Sounds like you are doing awesomely already 10/10  ;D

Technically for me my goal is to ingest minimal novel chemicals and maximal beneficial life forms and their natural decay products , while replicating a natural lifestyle to some degree. Ohh and going for some cold water swims as promised - got up to ankles so far here ~10C winter temp.

Getting sunshine, not washing, taking vit D3 all going well - no complaints re my smell, only my fermenting fish needed to be moved to the shed.

What fun it is to gain a billion new friends  :D

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:48 am »
there is also literature that suggest there are many compounds that help to heal the intestines and that it is also a great source of trace minerals.  i use seaweeds but also notice a benefit to my digestion and overall health from them.  i use mainly kelp granules, and sometimes dulse or spirulina, as one would salt, just sprinkle it on whatever i am eating.  at times i feel it enhances digestion, at times i can also tell if i have had enough because it tastes overwhelmingly salty

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:07 pm »
What I am eating these days.
I was shopping in supermarkt and got so much wild stuff! Wild picked fresh berries, wild fresh mushrooms, reindeer, wild caught small fishes (lake). I eat them whole, cooked in homemade fishbroth, eat heads and stomach and all. They taste great. Sometimes I do them raw in the blender but not so yummy. The mushrooms I fry gently in coconutoil with some onion and seasalt and eat it pure.. so yummy! Berries I eat pure, or mixed in the bleder to smoothie with some raw colostrum, or with some coconut butter.. yum.

Mackerel heads.. and some more heads.. ;) makes me feel so increadible good!!! I use to do the mackerels heads and livers in the blender to drink and then I make a tartar from the fillets with skin, I add organic white winde videgar, wild raw honey, onions and sea salt. I roll it in nori leaves and cut mouth fitting pieces off with a scissor. It is soooo yummy!!!! Two big mackerels with heads is a usual meal for me;

Sorry they lok not so yummy because that is my fastfood and I had no time make it pretty, but it is very handy food! Like kind of tortillas actually!

This is the reindeer dried overnight on low temp. I love the marrow in the bones. The yummiest marrow EVER. I crave it.. Today I smeared it on my skin too today first time.. (haha.. Adora I start to be like you.. I smeared some sea buckthorn berries from the garden too on my face, I love how it makes my skin feel.. wow. Very unsexy facials we have but wow do they work? YES!)

Then I drink my seaweed water every day. I just take some raw dried seaweed and put it in a glasbowl with water and let it stay. It tastes great and I bet it is super healthy too. I eat the seaweeds too when the water is gone.

Me yesterday.

I feel so very good on mostly seafood! I eat mostly 2 meals seafood and 1 meal meat these days. Sometimes I eat all 3 meals seafood only! I know in the deepest of my mind that seafood, all kind of, truly are superior foods. I am aiming for eating almost only seafood. And algae. That is my goal. If I only could get oysters more often. I love them.
I eat a really dirty carrot every day too from the garden. I need to get lots of bakteria for my gut. And I eat berries from the garden too, they and wild raw honey are my only carb source. I eat very little carbs. I feel great without.

I do have cheated a little (maybe 1 or 2 days / week) at work with some regular cream and seldom some dark chocolate. They do me no good at all. My skin actually suffers from it. Not badly but still, I need to quit them totally. I need to get 100% strict and eat only foods that are healing.

I eat some almonds, brazilnuts or macadamias or olives or avocados for my omega 6 too sometimes.

- - - - -

I got my labs back. I was too stupid taking blood drawn at day 11 of my period (follicular/beginning of the ovulational-phase I guess). I should have waited until day 21. I need to do some new ones but that is what I have now;

Estradiol 1,1 nmol/l (299,6 pg/ml) (1100 pmol)
Range;
Follikular 0.07-0.53 nmol/l
Ovulation 0.23-1.31 nmol/l
Luteal 0.20-0.79 nmol/l

Progesterone 2,4 nmol/l (755 pg/ml) (2400 pmol)
Range;
Follikular <3.4 nmol/l
Ovulation 2.7-5.2 nmol/l
Luteal 12-69 nmol/l

Testosteron 1,2 nmol/l (1200 pmol)....Range; <2,8 nmol/l
Testosteron free 13 pmol/l ...............Range; 6-23 pmol/l
Testosteron free % 1,1....................Range;0.6-1.7 mg/l

DHEA 9,0 (nmol/l..? not sure about this as she said it so unclear on the phone, but range=1,9 - 17)

Glucose 5,3 nmol/l (90 mg/dl)

HS CRP 0,22 mg/l

DHEA way too low, should be in the upper 25% range.. the same with testosteron..
Glucose should be less than 85 mg/dl to be optimal I guess... even if my doc says mine are very good. Doctors do not know about optimal. -X
HS CRP.. could be lower too..  even if under 1 is very low risk range and my doc is very happy about it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:27:43 pm by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »
Adora,
thank you for the candle tips! Very useful!  :)

@ Alive, yes, let us aim for 100% alive! Wow!  I wonder if we start to fly then?!
I am sure I have some live parasite friends in me too ha ha.. but tummy feels great, I feel great so they can stay if you ask me!

@ Jessica, I have no clue what way it is with the seaweed.. but sure whatever way it is it is good to go with your intuition. If I feel I had too much I just cut back a bit. I think gradual increasing the consumption is clever!
I did the Iodine-test, smearing some Iodine on my leg and checking how many hours it lasted.. I did it 5 PM and next morning there still was a very tiny yellow point back so looks like I do have some Iodine in me, the fish and seaweeds must have done something! :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:37 pm »
Very intresting information from Kruse's forum;

fish eyes blow any liver away......and we do not eat them. They are loaded with A D E K DHA and lots of micronutrients in smaller quantities.......nutrient density is a function of the mammals most energy expensive tissues......in humans it is the brain heart and thyroid.
Story from Weston Price;
Another illustration of the wisdom of the native Indians of that far north country came to me through two prospectors whom we rescued and brought out with us just before the fall freeze-up. ...

They accordingly abandoned everything, and rather than remain in the country with very uncertain facilities and prospects for obtaining food and shelter, made a forced march to the Liard River with the hope that some expedition might be in that territory. One of the men told me the following tragic story. While they were crossing the high plateau he nearly went blind with so violent a pain in his eyes that he feared he would go insane. It was not snow blindness, for they were equipped with glasses. It was xeropthalmia, due to lack of vitamin A. One day he almost ran into a mother grizzly bear and her two cubs. Fortunately, they did not attack him but moved off. He sat down on a stone and wept in despair of ever seeing his family again. As he sat there holding his throbbing head, he heard a voice and looked up. It was an old Indian who had been tracking that grizzly bear. He recognized this prospector's plight and while neither could understand the language of the other, the Indian after making an examination of his eyes, took him by the hand and led him to a stream that was coursing its way down the mountain. Here as the prospector sat waiting the Indian built a trap of stones across the stream. He then went upstream and waded down splashing as he came and thus drove the trout into the trap. He threw the fish out on the bank and told the prospector to eat the flesh of the head and the tissues back of the eyes, including the eyes, with the result that in a few hours his pain had largely subsided. In one day his sight was rapidly returning, and in two days his eyes were nearly normal. He told me with profound emotion and gratitude that that Indian had certainly saved his life.
http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?3597-Odd-statement-in-Cunnane/page2&highlight=fish+eyes

Now.. why are most rawpaleofooders eating no fish eyes..?!  That is as paleo as it can be IMO... :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »
I eat fish eyes and fish brain all the time. 

What is exotic to me are your reindeer meat.  What does reindeer taste like?

Do you get any sea lion?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2012, 09:10:27 pm »
Yeah, that reindeer looks so freaking delicious! Mackerel Heads sound yummy too! Brains and eyes MmmM!

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:14 am »
Hi Inger,
I am a lover of seafood as well, especially shellfish and seaweed.
I have written about seaweed here: http://naturebum.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/seaweeds/
I eat all kinds of shellfish: limpets, abalone, spenglers triton, cartrut shells, oysters, cockles, pipis. Some of them here:
http://naturebum.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/cart-rut-shells/
http://naturebum.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/spenglers-triton/
http://naturebum.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/limpets/
Kind wishes, J

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
Thank you Inger,
Fish heads sound like a perfect food  :)
With all those bones I can't imagine anyone getting osteoporosis on this diet either!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:09:35 pm by alive »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk